I've been busy...

• 2 Replies

sandpiper

I've been busy...
« on: August 13, 2015, 07:45:11 PM »
Hey everyone.
Just checking in with an update.

I've taken to drifting in & out at random times this year as I've gone back to study & we have been really busy with house hunting.
After two years of searching, we've finally signed a contract on a lovely house overlooking a nature reserve so WooHoo! three more months & I will be leaving my home town & my foul PD neighbour behind.  :phoot: :phoot: :phoot: :phoot:

This will be interesting as one of my PD sister's oldest friends lives in the area we're moving to - not close enough that she can drop by on a dog walk, but I will run into her at the shops & cafes & things. She's someone that doesn't understand boundaries terribly well, so despite explaining the situation to her & she seemed to get it, six months later when I ran into her she said 'Oh are you STILL not over that?'
If she tries that one again she will be getting a very pointed rejoinder as to how she'd feel if I said that in response to her situation with her abusive ex & why she thinks an abusive sister can do less emotional damage that an abusive ex-husband.
Sisters are forever, husbands OTOH can be thrown by the wayside & replaced.
Funnily enough last weekend when we were out that way we ran into another one of my sister's friends who has moved into the area.
Thankfully it's the set of friends from before she turned druggy, so while they've drifted away from her because of that, at least they won't share any of her substance abuse habits. Due to the lack of contact they'll be blithely unaware of what 20 years of hard drug use has done to her - & they are likely to share news & gossip with her on FB -  so I'll just need to be a bit wary of that.
Amigos sans frontiers, here we come.

Anyway. I just thought I'd check in to explain that life has sped up, so I probably won't have much time for the boards until we get settled.
I have so much to do before we leave, that coupled with my study, I expect time to fly.
If I'm not here much, that's why.

xxx

kayjewel

Re: I've been busy...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 01:23:59 AM »
Congrats on the new home  :thumbup:. I hope the move goes smoothly for you.
There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.
-- C. G. Jung

sandpiper

Re: I've been busy...
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 09:28:22 PM »
Thanks Kayjewel.  :)