Go away already!!!

• 3 Replies

pickingupthepieces

Go away already!!!
« on: August 11, 2015, 11:37:02 AM »
Just when I think I can finally get a break....here they come again, like cockroaches.

I've been feeling great about NC and still am but my phone rang early this morning from a number I didn't recognize. When I googled the area code, sure enough, it was from the city where Nsis currently lives. I have blocked her cell so she either called from a friend's or has a new number. Anyway, blocked the entire area code and am not rattled which is MAJOR progress for me.

It has been a year and eight months since we last spoke. It has been 10 months since I wished her and her family well via text and told her I no longer wanted anything to do with her because of the abuse. Yet, she keeps on. If I didn't dislike her so much due to her behavior and toxic nature, I might even feel sorry for her. I know that it's PD nature but come on- get a hobby. She has children to raise, and she is spending time trying to communicate with someone who told her a year ago to go away. I am clearly no longer a supplier for her ridiculous need for attention and a punching bag. Why hasn't she found someone else yet? Anyone willing to share their experiences?

Isadore

Re: Go away already!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 07:41:09 PM »
Definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. 

I would think she is in denial, doesn't accept the fact she no longer has you to abuse. 

And good for you for caring for yourself!  Way to go!  Nice job on your progress.  I wish you the best!

Smiley

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 11:22:26 AM »
I think she will ago away as soon as she gets the message that you will no longer have anything to do with her. I have had to block relatives since going NC and I always have my answering machine on. The more you ignore her, the quicker she'll go but she needs to be convinced  that you're serious and that you're finished with her for good. She'll soon get the message.

Inurdreams

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 01:11:46 PM »
I wish you luck in finally being left alone.  Unfortunately I have an NBIL that after over ten years is still trying to worm his way back in.

We moved over 1000 miles away.  Have not laid eyes on him since 2002.  DH told him that he will contact him, when and if he is ever ready but NBIL still continues to text wanting to meet up.

NBIL has had other family members text DH on his behalf.  Sends creepy texts about meeting up in the afterlife.  Sends texts about being in our state saying that he will never be in our state again for the rest of his life so that was supposedly the only time ever again that DH will have a chance to see NBIL. Sends random texts about his vacations. Just weird stuff.  Haha, he texts DH on NBIL's birthday!  Not on DH's birthday, not on Christmas,  but on NBIL's birthday!  It's gotten to the point we laugh at his texts.  He does not realize how pathetic he comes across.

I fault my DH for ever giving NBIL his phone number but what's done is done.  NBIL is like a dog with a bone.  He will not give it up.

I think in his mind he thinks he can eventually wear DH down.  I feel like he will keep on and on until at last DH gives in.  I hope this does not happen.  NBIL is extremely juvenile to be in his 50s.  I can just imagine that if DH ever does agree to meet up with him NBIL will probably say something like, "Haha, made you see me.  I win."  Which is I think is the whole point.  I don't think he cares anything about re-establishing a relationship.  He just wants to win.

My suggestion is to move as far away as possible and change your number and email address.  Other than that, just continue to ignore her.  She may give up and move on.  She may not.  But you don't have to respond to her.

It's amazing that they think they are so important that we will eventually give in to their demands and that's all it is;  a demand to not ignore them.
Peek not through the keyhole lest ye be vexed. - Stephen King

Response to a Flying Monkey:  Apparently you are suffering under the delusion that I give a damn.