PD sister blocking and requiring others to walk on eggshells

• 4 Replies

Camerlenga

• Thoughtful again, digging in the unconscious.
PD sister blocking and requiring others to walk on eggshells
« on: August 14, 2015, 02:55:42 PM »
My siblings and I have inherited real estate, funds, stocks and other investments.

One sibling blocks any division and any proceedings at all by inactivity.

Inactivity to take care of the house last lived in, which this sibling is eager not to sell but to keep to rent it. The sibling is after the income as s/he has no job / own income.
However does nothing to bring the house to a condition to be let. Not even clears out his/her own possesions or things s/he claimed s/he MUST have from the estate - others refrained from in his/her favor.
Leaves anything that has to be done to others, expects those that don't want to let but to sell to handle the letting.

Things have gone worse lately on top of all the above which has been going on for months.
S/he blocks as well the division of the other assets.
Is not willing to give her tax-information or her adress.

Seems to be thinking her taxes will be paid by the siblings.  ;)  :aaauuugh:

And the worst: Is unwilling to provide his/her address for fear her spouse could find out s/he inherited not unsubstantially which could reduce the child support and most importantly, his/her alimony, since s/he is not willing to work.

I can't get my shares, not even the non-real estate ones due to this "policy" of his/hers. And was expected to do a lot of work s/he could have shared in. All the while "walking on eggshells" not to set him/her off, not to touch anything s/he claims as his/hers.

I'm frustrated beyond words. Any suggestions?

I just read the newest topic in this section. S/he's a hoarder as well.

kayjewel

Re: PD sister blocking and requiring others to walk on eggshells
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 07:59:47 PM »
If I were you, I think I'd talk with an attorney about this. There are likely things that could be done to break this impasse, which you're not aware of.

There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.
-- C. G. Jung

GarbageChild

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 01:12:48 AM »
You need serious legal advice!

Camerlenga

• Thoughtful again, digging in the unconscious.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 05:12:21 AM »
Dear kayjewel and GarbageChild,

thank you very much for your kind answers. I will probably have to do that soon.
In my country there are very drastic legal possibilities available which I'm still shying back from.

I'm probably deep in the FOG. Reason is: sister is not the only hoarder, only the most obvious one. But there's another one in my family, an I owe him BIG. So I really do not yet feel able to take the drastic measures available.

Probably nobody has any suggestions?

Do you urge a hoarder to get therapy? Getting help decluttering? Helping pay for those services?
Try to enlist their spouses as your aide?

Probably none of the above?

HotCocoa

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 06:36:38 AM »
If you want this situation to end, you HAVE to take drastic measures.  Or just let it all go.  I think those are your options.  Sounds like she has no intentions of fixing anything up to rent, has she EVER done that in the past? Fixed up houses to rent?  She wants it to hoard it up with her junk.   She wants to get you out of money so she has more in order to buy her useless junk.  You have to get firm and tough here through legal action.  I believe this is your ONLY way out of it. 
The smarter you become about narcissistic abuse, the crazier the narcissist will say you are.