question about old post etiquette

• 2 Replies

Alex_Wasp

question about old post etiquette
« on: August 20, 2015, 03:07:31 PM »
Hi,

I haven't used a computer much in my life as I have been travelling and camping since I left home. I'm new to forums, so please excuse any mis-steps in how to behave on them. I was wondering about the etiquette regarding old posts. I've been perusing old posts, and I'll see someone's story who I really identify with, and I want to respond and say "you're not alone," and stuff, but the posts are old - from April or something. Should I just let those posts be and just be happy to find a story like mine? Or PM them, or is that over-stepping a boundary? Seems rude to dredge up old posts... Thanks.. :\

rosie

Re: question about old post etiquette
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 03:41:20 PM »
You can of course reply to old posts, but the posters may not be active here any more, and you may not get an answer. Or you can start a new thread dealing with the issues the old poster brought up. Because of concerns about confidentiality, we discourage posters from PMing each other, especially directly. You never really know who is out there in cyberland.

Alex_Wasp

Re: question about old post etiquette
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 01:13:37 PM »
Thanks! I feel like I'm fumbling around in cyberland. My typical habitat is a tent on the riverbank. I'm a muskrat! The moderators here are really nice.