How do you handle random work drop ins after NC?

• 2 Replies

evenso

How do you handle random work drop ins after NC?
« on: March 17, 2016, 07:21:49 AM »
I've chosen NC with my entire family. Yesterday, I had the first random house visit from my sister (I didn't answer) only to find out that she later went to my fiancé's work to get "answers".
She sent me a text after basically saying she was fearful for my wellbeing and if I wanted NC then I needed to talk to her.
So, I put in plain writing that I want NC with no one and will not be answering any forms of communication. My only hope is this will prevent them, especially my parents, from going to my fiancé's work and cornering him. I'm also just hoping they can stop the ruse now that we can still be in contact.
My work is not accessible so I run no risks of them popping in on me there.

Naturally my father has started calling since then and texting me to call after I sent the text to my sister. The timing was too spot on so I know she relayed the words to everyone.

How did you handle the situation if a NC parent showed up to your workplace?

littlemisssunshine

Re: How do you handle random work drop ins after NC?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 06:42:37 AM »
Luckily this has never happened to me, this may sound daft but could your partner excuse himself from her, maybe he could say he has work to do in  different area so now is not convenient or perhaps he is due a comfort break (loo break) or failing all that and if this person turns into a real pest get a restraining order. Or could he refer her to a colleague after all he is at work so unless she is there to buy something she has no business being there at all. If the person is causing a scene you could get the manager to bar them from entering the premises as it causes distress and a poor company image to other customer's.

evenso

Re: How do you handle random work drop ins after NC?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 08:37:55 PM »
Luckily, there have been no further attempts thus far. I was worried for the week afterwards that I'd find their cars waiting for me at my house after I got off my work shifts. In that event, I was just going to keep driving because I refuse to get cornered. Luckily nothing.
My mistake was judging that I thought I could go NC without giving a clear cut "don't contact me". I think after this and making it without a doubt clear what I want going forward has hopefully nipped everything in the bud. I'm a little less than two months in to NC so it's still early and I realize once we start rolling in the holidays that there's a chance they may resurface. I'm just hoping it stays manageable to keep at bay until we move out of the state in two/three years.
I reactivated my FB since my fiance's family kept asking if I had seen things they were sharing. I went to block all immediate family and did notice my mother had already taken care of doing so herself. So I'm hoping that's a good sign for now. My sister did still friend my fiance on facebook after I had sent her the response about no contact. So I'm guessing that's her hope for trying to keep a line.

I really just don't want things to get nasty or involve legal aspects to achieve no contact. My fiance has said not to worry if they did keep coming because he would handle it. I just felt bad knowing that he was getting pulled into the situation in a way I didn't see coming. I do think they'll be able to hopefully respect that it's his work moving forward so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. If it gets crazy then I guess I know my only option is to involve legal action as much as I didn't want to think about it.