High tech solution to unwanted mail

• 2 Replies

biggerfish

High tech solution to unwanted mail
« on: March 24, 2016, 07:27:56 PM »
My uPDm's letters, even just her handwriting on the envelope, were ruining too many days. I couldn't always leave it for hubby; he's gone for days at a time on business, and I didn't have the stomach to have an envelope lying around for days. Besides, just seeing it in the mailbox was enough to ruin the day.

I wondered if I really would feel better if it just went somewhere else, and thus would never had to see it. I now have my answer.

I know that this solution may be possible for only some of you, due to circumstances, but if it can help even just one of you, I will be so happy. Here's the solution:

We obtained a digital mailbox. With a digital mailbox, the mail is opened and scanned and emailed; in my case, it's emailed to hubby!

Then we told my uPDm that we're moving, and that for safety reasons, we are using this new post office box address. She doesn't know the difference.

Now that my birthday and Easter are coming up, I'm breathing easy every day when I go to the mailbox. It really did make the difference. My conclusion is I don't care if she keeps emailing me against my wishes. It's not her intent or her behavior that's been getting to me.  I just don't want to know about it or see it. Very different!

If anyone is interested, here is the service I use, but there are others: https://ipostal1.com/

movingforward2

Re: High tech solution to unwanted mail
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 11:34:58 AM »
Great solution! 

We keep getting unwanted magazines from NMIL for our DD's, but I did cancel the subscription a few weeks back so I am hoping that it sticks this time.  It is nerve wracking for my H when he sees these magazines in the mail. If we had more money, I'd do this service for sure. 

thereR4lights

Re: High tech solution to unwanted mail
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 01:12:34 PM »
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will be saving this and using it in the future!