I think she's getting needier

• 5 Replies

marizabet

I think she's getting needier
« on: March 29, 2016, 08:44:20 PM »
H has been pointing it out but it's hard for me to see it. But she did just call and I said we're going out so I'll have to talk to her later. When she asked where I just said "out" because we're getting something from craigslist and some people think that's weird.

So she said "ok you better call me back," to which I'm thinking lol.

She and her bf (who she just admitted was her bf and not just a friend) of 6ish years are "over" since last week, according to her. It's hard for me to care though because she was never open about it with me.

caramelia

Re: I think she's getting needier
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 11:01:14 PM »
I love that you just said 'out', as I still always feel like I have to give more information. Good for you. Sorry if she's getting needier - that's never fun.  :stars:

marizabet

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 12:10:46 AM »
Idn, I sincerely would love it if she could find someone one day but I feel like her personality and expectations basically makes that impossible.

Still pondering over Mother's day. When will I ever get my own mother's day? And then there's my birthday. Last birthday my mom was working but it's never about what I want. I know it's partially my fault though for not even talking about what I want.

I feel like I'm getting more depressed lately too for a number of reasons including I still haven't found a new therapist and psychiatrist since we moved, and I'm running out of anti-depressants and have been cutting my pills in half and skipping some days for a while. But with my parents, especially with my mom, I am terrified of even talking about these things. She doesn't know I'm on meds again because she would flip out.

I always assume she won't understand or respect that I get depressed and it's not something that she can solve or that I can get over if we go out and have fun. And sometimes she proves me wrong but I have such issues with trust and am so used to being let down emotionally that I tend to force myself to just do what other people want.

gettingstronger

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 04:26:39 PM »
Marizabet,

I just saw your post and wondered if you are feeling better today.  It can be tough dealing with depression.  Have you been able to find a new psychiatrist to renew your prescription?  Maybe a general practitioner can help  you until you find one.  My PDmom was not very supportive about depression.  Hopefully your husband or friend is a support to you.  Best wishes.  I hope things get better soon.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...  It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene

marizabet

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 06:01:27 PM »
Haven't found someone yet. To be fair, I haven't been talking to my husband about my feelings too much. I know I can be a downer and he has a lot on his plate since he took on additional work on top of his full-time job. I don't want to ruin things for him.

I was able to get the number of a family friend who is a psychiatrist and he is in my network so I'll text him today. Hopefully that will lead somewhere.

I might try to go to the gym tomorrow. I know they say that exercise helps with depression...I wouldn't know lol I'm not too good at exercising on a regular basis but I'm going to try again especially now that I'm basically out of meds.

gettingstronger

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 10:14:56 PM »
Sounds like a good plan.  I worry about bothering my husband too, but he is very understanding.  I want to keep the lines of communication open between us.  Exercise is very helpful too.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...  It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene