The 57 year old Golden Son

• 5 Replies

fiona

The 57 year old Golden Son
« on: March 31, 2016, 10:36:15 AM »
Just saw a post on face book that my mom sent to G son. It was a picture quote of Jesus walking on water and it said "when you feel like you are drowning in your troubles, just remember who did walk on water"  She does this often, putting quotes on his FB page that to me would be embarrassing . G bro replies "oh thanks momma" He is 57, lives with her and can't seem to cut the apron strings. He will call me,  not often but a few times saying he can't take her controlling him anymore. I told him get out, get a place of your own. He never even tries. He sits at the VFW drinking, gambling and runs to my youngest brother for money when hes broke from the gambling.

Seems so sick to me. She wanted him this past Winter to stay home with her and watch football. Then posted on FB she has nobody to watch football with her!!  :wacko:

He runs to his ex wifes house and stays until 11 at night and goes home to moms when he knows she is in bed. If I had to be under such control at his age I'd commit myself to see just what is going on in my head

He can do no wrong. If shes told he's gambling and drinking she says "oh it's not that much, nothing to worry about" 

I stood up for myself recently and now I'm a bad girl ;D  Very peaceful not getting her N emails

Do these G children even as adults  ever break free. He is in need of therapy in my opinion

Do any of you have a G sibling like this?

oh and all her posts are the religious thing. She hides behind God and I do not think she is sincere at all

daughter

Re: The 57 year old Golden Son
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 10:51:38 AM »
The woman I sat next to at the theater last night was talking to her friend on her other side, and said "well you know, the son always walks on water", agreeing with your mother's viewpoint that a mother's son can do no wrong.  My NBM also believes that my GC "princess" nsis and NBIL are "extra-special perfect people"; DH and I refer to the as "the Anointed Ones", full acknowledgment of that near-religious devotion that NBM spends on those two.

SunnyandBright

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 02:12:01 PM »
Was your mother the reason he now has an EX wife?

fiona

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 03:19:48 PM »
My brothers  1st ex wife  cheated on him but he always ran to mom with every issue, so I do think it had alot to do with N moms butting in. The second ex wife had enough of brothers drinking but the weird thing is mom likes her. She has the same N personality as mom. Thats the reason mom likes her.  My oldest brother is divorced to and I believe mom stuck her nose in that relationship way to much. She has never liked any of my sister-in-laws except G bros second wife. Youngest brother who is pretty much no contact...well mom dislikes his wife and talks about her all the time.  She loves my husband tho...treating him much better than she does me. My hubby sees thru her tho!!  All so complex and strange but then we are talking about an N!!!

fiona

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 03:25:35 PM »
Anointed ones is so right!!  The pattern is so much alike in all these dysfunctional family members of N's!!!

I'm the scapegoat so I don't play that game

Shockwave

• Begins, Falls, Rises: The Origins of a Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 10:37:15 PM »
My sister is pushing 50 and has never lived on her own. She's the golden child though. She's had cars choo signed for her and doesn't have to pay any bills around there when I lived there. I was held back but the scapegoat. They used me for their entertainment as a failure when I did live there until I escaped.
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Dark Knight."
-- James Gordon, The Dark Knight