psychological or neurological?

• 1 Replies

MissyL

psychological or neurological?
« on: April 01, 2016, 02:42:46 PM »
I haven't written in a while and wanted to share an update. Some of you read my harrowing experiences of abuse and gave me support. Thank you. I wouldn't be alive if not for this site. This past October my mom was diagnosed with hydrocephalous. They then placed a needle in her back and drained the water from her brain. Within 24 hours my mom was the kind of mother I always wished for. Calm, happy, supportive... I couldnt believe it. She was put on meds but she requires a shunt. The weird thing is that there is a marked difference. When the water builds up she acts mean and crazy what I used to call anxiety depression or personality disorder. When it goes away she is fine. The Dr said many people go years without knowing they have it. Her Dr happened to do an mri bevause she said she had headaches. My whole family used to tell me to forget her. Now this may not be everyones scenario but I kust thought I would share. Thanks again.

practical

Re: psychological or neurological?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 09:00:30 PM »
I really hope when a more permanent solution for your M's medical condition is found, you'll be able to build a relationship with her. It is so sad that this was not discovered earlier. It could have saved you so much pain and you might have had a very different experience growing up, and also given your M a different kind of life. I hope all works out to the best.  :bighug:

If Im not towards myself, who is towards myself? And when Im only towards myself, what am I? And if not now, when? (Rabbi Hillel)

"I can forgive, but I cannot afford to forget." (Moglow)