Personality Disorders

• 4 Replies

Flower78

Personality Disorders
« on: April 05, 2016, 01:52:51 AM »
Hi

Over the years I have decided that I only help and support people who are willing to help and support themselves. So in a nutshell, I have always taken action to get help because I loved my family and if anyone within the family does not move forward and take care of the future generations then I am ZERO CONTACT. If I have stayed with Cluster B/Narcesistic/Sociopath/Psychoppath types it's because I was not healed and needed much more support.

Bipolar is just the natural response to sexual trauma in childhood.

Schizophrenia is a "family secret" that "can't" be disclosed.

The rest is just childhood trauma also and it can be healed if the client is willing. That's the big question and difference between us and them. We are willing and the flip side of the same coin.

Just sayin...

FinallyPeace

Re: Personality Disorders
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 11:37:54 AM »
Over the years I have decided that I only help and support people who are willing to help and support themselves. So in a nutshell, I have always taken action to get help because I loved my family and if anyone within the family does not move forward and take care of the future generations then I am ZERO CONTACT. If I have stayed with Cluster B/Narcesistic/Sociopath/Psychoppath types it's because I was not healed and needed much more support.

The rest is just childhood trauma also and it can be healed if the client is willing.
Very good insight.  Thank you!
That's the big question and difference between us and them. We are willing and the flip side of the same coin.
Amen and amen!

I am NOT perfect.  I admit that.  I do self-reflection.  It's can be so maddening when others won't do the same.  I've accepted my part and it's no longer my problem. 
"Behind the smile, a hidden knife!"
― Ancient Chinese saying describing passive-aggressive behavior
"Red flags aren't party favors.  Don't collect them."
--Unknown

Rocket Girl

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 09:46:13 PM »
I see my ex n/bpd as a con man and I won't be taken advantage of any longer.  He can go fly a kite.  All the hell he put me through for such a brief period of dating.  Guess I should thank him for making me self examine and start therapy.  I hopefully will run in the other direction the next time red flags come out with someone.

I tried to help him.  Told him I would go to t with him, etc.  He doesn't want the help because its too painful to HIM!  To hell with the pain and misery he spreads around to those he professes to love, then dumps.  I know I'm coming Out of the FOG and healthier because I am no longer trying to defend his actions because he was abused, etc.  Now, I'm just like "ok.. see you later (NOT)".
- Rocket Girl

I will take my broken heart any day over his lack of one.

You don't have to be hit to be hurt.

Latchkey

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 03:03:05 PM »

The rest is just childhood trauma also and it can be healed if the client is willing. That's the big question and difference between us and them. We are willing and the flip side of the same coin.

Just sayin...

Can you show any research that substantiates these claims about bipolar, schizophrenia, and PDs?

These are all mental health disorders which can be brought on by a variety of factors.

From the Guidelines:

Giving Advice:

This is a confidential peer support group created by men and women who have experienced personal relationships with a personality disordered relative, friend or partner.  We are not mental health professionals, and don't offer this board as a substitute for professional assistance. Any advice you receive here should be taken in that context.
You are welcome to ask questions about what you think is going on in the mind of a particular person you are close to. However, broad generalizations about entire groups of people who suffer from personality disorders, such as "they can't help it" or "they have no feelings" are misleading to others. Members who repeatedly post such generalizations are subject to moderation and will be asked to refrain.

Anyone quoting references or specific information about personality disorders such as clinical studies, published articles etc. must reference the original source of the information and provide a link to the information whenever possible.  This is both as a legally required courtesy to the original authors of the content and so that the information posted can be evaluated in its original context by our readers.

Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living.
-Mother Jones
-
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
-Maya Angelou
-
When we have the courage to do what we need to do, we unleash mighty forces that come to our aid.

Azhiker16

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 08:13:48 AM »
I see my ex n/bpd as a con man and I won't be taken advantage of any longer.  He can go fly a kite.  All the hell he put me through for such a brief period of dating.  Guess I should thank him for making me self examine and start therapy.  I hopefully will run in the other direction the next time red flags come out with someone.

I tried to help him.  Told him I would go to t with him, etc.  He doesn't want the help because its too painful to HIM!  To hell with the pain and misery he spreads around to those he professes to love, then dumps.  I know I'm coming Out of the FOG and healthier because I am no longer trying to defend his actions because he was abused, etc.  Now, I'm just like "ok.. see you later (NOT)".

I could have written this.  It's a whirl wind.  The mind fu#k of the century.  I just went NC and  I'm starting to put everything together. All the stories that didn't add up at the time that now make sense. All the crazy behavior the made me question myself,  I'm now forgiving myself for. My relationship was long distance and only lasted 6 months so I'm hoping I recover quickly.  It's comforting to know I'm not alone in the journey.