mediation nightmare

• 1 Replies

newday

mediation nightmare
« on: April 10, 2016, 11:57:05 PM »
I attended mediation today with stbNPDh.  I knew it would be awful but I really had no idea how bad it would be.  I warned my lawyer and begged him to ask the court for permission to come with me.  NPDh's lawyer called, texted and emailed my lawyer multiple times this week to make sure I was willing to discuss custody at the mediation.  NPDh showed up with his lawyer even though its against the local rules to have counsel present.  NPDh declared at mediation that he should have primarily legal and physical custody.  2 hours not only wasted, but used by the NPD to cause as much damage as he could.  I'm scared that he is escalating.  I'm scared he will take it out our kiddos.  I'm scared he will eventually just kill me because it would be easier than litigating this divorce forever.  I feel so guilty for bringing 2 sweet, innocent perfect children into this world with this monster.

hhaw

Re: mediation nightmare
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 12:51:46 AM »
newday:

At least it was only 2 hours wasted, and no one twisted your arm to give up more than you could live with.

You're not dead yet.  You can do everything you can to keep yourself safe, and limit the pd's ability to harm you, and your children.

Make sure you express your fear to your attorney.  Make sure you have a way to protect yourself if necessary,and that you're proficient, can deploy whatever means you choose, and it's drilled into your reptilian brain.

Your pd is going to jerk you around, apply pressure, and hope you lose self control, and squeak till you appear completely unhinged. 

Don't fall for it. 

Stay level, plot your course out of this divorce, and sail it.

I'm sorry you had a hard time in mediation..... it seems your pd is attempting to tie your fear into the settlement discussions so he can benefit with the settlement?  Or do you think he really wants custody?

I think you're going to trial.

hhaw
hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt