Coparenting issues

• 1 Replies

chriskitt40

Coparenting issues
« on: April 13, 2016, 02:34:47 PM »
If the bdp Co parent is not willing to be all the way in with coparenting, do u let that person go?  Need advice

sweetpea79

Re: Coparenting issues
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 03:00:31 PM »
They will never be "all the way in" co parenting with you..
Regarding, letting them go. I guess it depends on your court orders, if any, or how old the children are..
My H has been in his mess with SD7 BM for 4 years.. It never changed. Did not matter how many co parenting classes he took, or how many times he took her back to court to modify orders , so each parent had a guideline to follow.
After 4 years we are just now seeing change. ONLY because H and I are moving out of state.
I know that each family is different and our decision to move is in the BEST interest for our family, SD included..
But I think BM now realizes that her daily interjections and harassment toward H parenting for SD, is not going to matter on a daily basis any longer..

I am so sorry you have to go through this.. It is very hard. But my advice is to think and do what is best for you and your family. Make sure if there are orders or you will get orders to follow them to the T. Set boundaries and never let the PD cross them and always be the best parent you can be.. You can not change the PD.