New, over stressed and lost

• 1 Replies

Mick2276

New, over stressed and lost
« on: April 20, 2016, 01:54:17 PM »
Hi.  My fiance has borderline MPD.  Living with him has been much like living with jekyll and Hyde.  When things are good,  they are great,  but the bad is overwhelming.  I love him and everyone in his life has given up on him.  We finally hit a point where I had to have him move out.  I couldn't handle the name calling and yelling.  Sometimes I know it's not him screaming those things at me but lately I feel like a crazy person.  I completely loose it.  I'm pregnant and he's terrified he's going to pass this on to the baby.  We are both also recovering iv meth addicts.  I honestly think the meth did permanent damage to him.  His paranoia is thru the roof,  still.  He is constantly accusing me of cheating and questions my every move from Google maps.  It's too much but I keep thinking it'll get better,  that he will get better.  Help.  Please.  Thank you.

gettingstronger

Re: New, over stressed and lost
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 08:42:52 PM »
Mick2276,

Hello and welcome to OOTF.  Congratulations on your pregnancy.  It sounds like you have a lot going on in your life right now.  From your description, I couldn't tell if your fiancé has borderline personality disorder or narcissistic personality disorder.  I am sure both disorders are tough to live with. I am sorry you are going through a tough time.  Are you in counseling right now?  Also when you mentioned his anger outburst, it made me wonder if he could possibly be back on drugs again.  Not saying that he is, just wondering if its a possibility. Living with someone who has a personality disorder is challenging.  It helps to have some skills to draw from such as medium chill and learning how to set effective boundaries.  Since you can't control what he does, it always helps to work on your self and your issues.  You could possibly discuss with a therapist where you want your relationship to go.  Of course there is also your unborn child to think of too.  Some things to think about,  whether you stay together or not is that you both need to co-parent this child.  What would you do if he screams at your child like he has you?  As you know, all of these things are important things to think about for the well being of your child.  The good thing is that it sounds like you have started to think about it.  Here are a couple of links that I think might be helpful to you:

http://outofthefog.website/what-to-do-2/2015/12/3/boundaries
http://outofthefog.website/what-to-do-2/2015/12/3/medium-chill
http://outofthefog.website/what-to-do-2/2015/12/3/put-children-first
Chosen Relationships

I hope that it would be helpful to you to talk to other people on the Chosen Relationships board to find others that can relate to you.  I know it was helpful to me to talk to other people who were in similar situations.  Best wishes to you.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...  It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene