Update on uBPD ex-friend

• 2 Replies

Frazzled

Update on uBPD ex-friend
« on: May 09, 2016, 11:23:45 PM »
I recently found out from my mother-in-law who keeps contact with the ex-friend to keep him away from me and my husband, that the ex-friend is planning to move closer to us. A year of no contact has done absolutely nothing, no therapy, no meds besides the ones he was taking before he left, and still thinks he did nothing wrong. He is also a bit too close for comfort to one of our neighbors, and my husband recently saw said neighbor on our front porch. Why, we do not know.

Inurdreams

Re: Update on uBPD ex-friend
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 12:17:06 PM »
PDs are weird like this.

DH and I went NC with DH's FOO several years ago.  We ended up moving to another state.  A relative of DH's (who I think is being used as a FM) contacted DH to tell him that one of DH's sibs is moving to our state.  It's weird because we live so far away from anything that his sib would remotely be interested in.

Fortunately even DH's relative doesn't know exactly where we live and neither do DH's sibs.  I have often thought this was just a form of intimidation.  It's not that they like us or love us so much that they can't bear to be away from us, it's more like they have to be seen and not forgotten.

Even before we moved out of state and were living in close proximity to DH's sibs who didn't even live in the same town as us, we would see his sibs constantly in our town and believe me when I say there was absolutely nothing in our town that they didn't have in their own.  It was like they made a point of showing up at the same bank, post office, grocery store, etc. that we used.

I also think this is form of stalking.

Peek not through the keyhole lest ye be vexed. - Stephen King

Response to a Flying Monkey:  Apparently you are suffering under the delusion that I give a damn.

Frazzled

Re: Update on uBPD ex-friend
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 06:05:59 PM »
I do stand corrected on one thing, the ex-friend is at least apparently getting therapy, and claims no responsibility for some angry texts sent to my husband's phone last week because the texts were sent after the ex-friend changed his number. (My husband, unfortunately, can't block numbers on his phone.) But I am thinking one of four things: (1) The "therapy" is ineffective, (2), the "therapist" doesn't know the whole story, (3) the ex-friend is not following the "therapist's" suggestions, or (4) the ex-friend did try therapy but dropped out, which I read is common with Borderlines.