Is there life after realisation ?

• 4 Replies

Dekon

Is there life after realisation ?
« on: May 25, 2016, 04:38:15 AM »
Hi I am new here,

I have joined for two reasons. One is that I am coming to the understanding that I am in a relationship with someone with boarder line PD, and the other more importantly is because I would like to know If there are members here who have stayed with their partner (with eyes open)  and made a decent relationship of it?

Dekon

xredshoesx

• Administrator
Re: Is there life after realisation ?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 07:42:54 AM »
welcome to the forum dekon

we have an area of the forum called 'committed to working on it' where the members support each other as they share their successes and challenges of remaining in a PD relationship.  have you got a chance to check it out yet?

coyote

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 06:47:24 PM »
dekon
redshoes is right. Post on the Committed board. Short answer to your question is yes, I am making it work with my uPPDw. The only reason it is working IMO is because I found this site and worked on changing myself. What has been most beneficial to me is learning how to set effective boundaries. Study the toolbox, read the forums, work on yourself. Stay strong.
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
 Wayne Dyer

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
Capt. Jack Sparrow

Choose not to be harmed and you wonít feel harmed. Donít feel harmed and you havenít been. -Marcus Aurelius

Dekon

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 12:39:11 AM »
Hey Redshoes & Coyote,

Many thanks.  I guess it is my fault! (Joke).

Seriously I appreciate the advice. Have a great day.

coyote

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 11:22:17 AM »
Dekon,
A classic PD ploy is to make us think everything is our fault. Again look at the toolbox. Do more than look, study and learn. Study the common behaviors. There is also a tab What to do, What not to do. Look at that. Like I said we can only control ourselves. Work on you and stay strong
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
 Wayne Dyer

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
Capt. Jack Sparrow

Choose not to be harmed and you wonít feel harmed. Donít feel harmed and you havenít been. -Marcus Aurelius