Left my job today, dignity intact :)

• 2 Replies

fozzybear

Left my job today, dignity intact :)
« on: May 25, 2016, 05:01:01 PM »
So, I made it through my notice period without any contact with my bullying boss, and had a lovely leaving do today, a bit overwhelmed with all the good wishes, gifts, hugs and tears!
I believe that karma will catch up with my boss this year, but if it doesn't, I tried my best, I exposed her behaviour to the CEO, and if they choose to think it was just me, that's not my problem and it will come back and bite them.
I'm leaving with a year's salary in my pocket, thanks to a well timed redundancy offer, and I can move back north to be closer to family.
My boss turned up to the lunch, just behind the CEO, looking like she had been dragged in by force, and hung around furtively waiting for a chance to talk to me. Finally she touched my shoulder and said "best luck for the future" and I just said "thanks" and moved away - not what I really wanted to say, but I was determined not to create a scene or spoil the lunch for me and the other person who was leaving (we've both reported the boss, and amazingly, we both got redundancy agreed, go figure.), so I just walked away and shrugged it off, and she disappeared shortly after :)
I am not sure what my next move is, but I will never be treated like that again - she caught me just as I was coming out of my marriage with the NPD, and I think she exploited my weakness from day one. Thankfully, being dragged so low by it all has only made me stronger, I am just not playing that game with anyone anymore.....
Almost free.

alonenow

Re: Left my job today, dignity intact :)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 07:43:02 PM »
Good for you I remember the day I left a similar situation a few years ago.
  I felt better right away without the stress of dealing with that type of boss. I do not know if I would call it karma but with the information I gave  the higher ups had they made that guys life miserable until he "retired". I find it all amusing since that was what they said anytime they let go of midlevel or upper management .... really hard to tell who actually did retire  or if they were  driven out.   I never looked back just recently heard many followed suit after the behavior was exposed and I feel like the new management used a flea fog.

fozzybear

Re: Left my job today, dignity intact :)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 05:33:05 AM »
Alonenow, so true about the "flea fog" thing, I'm sure it will happen - out of my own team, three out of the five people have asked for, and been granted redundancy, all have made it clear why they are going. The boss is still there, but looking very frazzled now, as the CEO is actually making her work hard for her money at last. She is still dumping on her "minions" but the CEO has given her work that can't be delegated, and the strain is showing at last.
If I was a gambler, I would lay odds that she will be gone by September - I'm not foolish enough to think that she will be sacked, she will just tender her resignation and it will be gladly accepted. The standing joke is that everyone left will have a party in her honour, but she won't be invited!
The shame is, I loved my colleagues like family, and most of the people I worked with, so I do feel forced out, but it almost destroyed my sanity, and I am still on antidepressants as a result. Once my life plan is back on course, hopefully this autumn, I will be stable enough to come off them, but she destroyed my confidence for a while there, and it has taken some time to recover.
Got that knackered, post-stress feeling today, so going to be kind to myself, do a bit of sewing, eat cake and forget about it all, then tomorrow it's time for 4 job applications!
Almost free.