New Here

• 1 Replies

Sessakag

New Here
« on: July 07, 2016, 07:12:03 AM »
 :wave: Hello, nice to meet you all. I'm new here and fairly new to the world of mental illness. I'm 25 years old and I've recently been diagnosed with Major Depression, Dysthymia, General Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder and Avoidant Personality Disorder.  I'm a long time self injurer, and have attempted suicide a handful of times. Besides information and a place to vent I'm not sure what I'll get out of my time here, but I'm hoping it's something good for once.  :unsure:

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
  • Individuation = our key to emotional freedom
    • One Key to Better Boundaries
Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 09:15:30 AM »
Hi and welcome to Out of the FOG -

Because you have identified yourself as someone who suffers from BPD among other things,  we want to make sure you're aware of a couple of things as you settle in.

Out of the FOG is a community dedicated to offering support and information to people who have a loved one or family member who suffers from a personality disorder. That doesn't necessarily exclude those who also have a PD from participating but the rule is we come here to discuss our relationship issues as they pertain to the other people in our lives with a PD, and not PD recovery issues as they pertain to the self. If you suffer from, or suspect you suffer from a personality disorder, we welcome your participation as long as the discussion still revolves around dealing with the loved ones in your life with a PD and not on your own recovery from a PD.   

There is a Resouces link at the top of the website with links to sites that support those suffering from BPD and other issues and you may find a website better suited to your personal journey.

Also, we'd like you to be aware that people at a site like this are often hurting a great deal. They come here needing a safe place to vent about how they may have been hurt by the person in their life with a PD. At times, these comments can be harsh. Reading them may trigger you, if you are not far enough along in your own recovery to let these comments pass without becoming upset or attempting to speak on behalf of others with personality disorders.

Thanks for your understanding, and again Welcome to Out of the FOG.
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage-plan accordingly, make time to heal
Individuation is one key to emotional freedom
It's foolish to expect of others what they have no capacity to give
Empowered  Growth blog