• 7 Replies

Rock Chick

« on: August 23, 2016, 05:42:33 AM »
I was just noticing something after being on this board for so long. Some avatars (photos that show below user name and represent us) are really small some are wide and some are huge. Why is this? The more posts you make equal bigger avatar can have? Or are the admins and ppl with no photos get more than tiny avatars. Totally random post I know but Im just curious.

xredshoesx

• Administrator
Re: Avatars
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 07:35:26 AM »
my best answer is that the way the avatar looks is totally dependent on the source file size and how it's formatted.

i'll double check with my tech to make sure that's the best way to explain it. 

eclipse

• Out of the FOG Website
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 12:44:52 AM »
That's my best guess too.

cvd

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 08:55:12 PM »
How do I do the avatar?  Thanks!

xredshoesx

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 12:04:09 PM »
 click on forum profile and you'll see the area for avatar-you have to have at least ten posts before you can change your avatar.

Rock Chick

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 07:07:41 AM »
Is there any avatar rules and avatar restrictions on this forum? I'll explain why I wanna know later.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 01:31:25 PM by xredshoesx »

xredshoesx

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 01:32:20 PM »
we request that people do not use their own picture for obvious reasons.  we do not have anyway to verify that of course, however, if it becomes a problem if someone is found, then it's a problem we can't really fix as mods/admins.

Rock Chick

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 03:11:48 AM »
I never use a photo of myself or anyone I know as my avatar as I am a private person. Avatar photos I use online are usually either a drawing of something, a cool design or of someone/something I'm a fan of. Something or someone that has helped me threw hard times threw their music/art/acting/lyrics/etc. Always something positive and not of a negative nature/tone/etc. So any avatar you see on here that I will ever use will not be of anyone I know, anyone I talk about nor myself. Thanks for the info xredshoesx (& everyone else who posted).