"Stop Caretaking the Borderline or Narcissist: How to End the Drama..."

Started by all4peace, September 24, 2016, 09:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

all4peace

With Life...by Margalis Fjelstad

I think this is a really helpful and practical book, but I kept thinking of DH's and my fathers, so I do think it is aimed more at someone living with an N/BPD and not someone in a more peripheral place.

It does a good job of describing the behaviors of each type of personality disorder, the thought "distortions" of someone who becomes a caretaker (doesn't refer to this as enabler) of an N/BPD and how to step out of that role.

It is broken into subject areas:
Understanding the Caretaker Role
Letting Go of Caretaking
Rebuilding

with more specifics covered in chapters in each of these areas. I think it is worth the read!

Houstorm

Thanks all4peace. I'm halfway through reading this now, and it's very helpful. I'm in a place where the "why" of PD is less on my mind and than "how do I do better", parent better, etc. This is hitting the spot for working on me right now. Thanks!

openskyblue

This is on e of the books that really opened my eyes and helped me. I've probably read it about three times.

The author does a great job of describing BPD and NPD and the behaviors in straightforward, unapologetic terms. More, she writes a lot about how to get she'd of these PD people, regain your equilibrium, and live again.