threat?

• 6 Replies

BeachGlass

threat?
« on: September 25, 2016, 05:20:19 PM »
Can it be considered a legitimate threat that can be reported if someone writes that if I mention them on social media they will show up at my house?

xredshoesx

• Administrator
Re: threat?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 06:48:40 PM »
that's a good question.  i'd discuss it with an attorney, but your local law enforcement office may be able to be a good quick and free resource.

BeachGlass

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 07:59:07 PM »
Thanks.

There is a pretty nasty smear campaign going on about me on social media and the ringleader claimed that if I ever say anything to defend myself they will show up at my front door.  The language used was a little more colorful than that.

moglow

• Administrator
  • >^..^<
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 08:27:13 PM »
Just keep in mind that anything you say can and will be used against you if they so choose. Those who know you know better, those who choose to believe the lies show their own true colors.

What I'm saying is, their lies say a whole lot more about those telling them than it ever will about you. You can always choose to not engage.
"Expectations are disappointments under construction.  ~ Cap'n Spanky

Stop Stinkin' Thinkin'!

BeachGlass

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 09:17:02 PM »
It started because I had to set a new boundary with the FOO and their reaction to it was pure rage.

They are going after me because I won't have a relationship with my mother.  They are insistent that I have a relationship with her. Some of them are harmless but others display malignant narcissist traits.  Years ago when my father became angry with a man he felt disrespected him by befriending my mother online, he wouldn't let it go. He obsessed over getting revenge on this person.  He was never able to locate the man's whereabouts but did send a letter to the home of another man with the same name,  accusing him of all kinds of abuse.  So I worry about that kind of anger running in the FOO.
Included in this situation are false accusations of domestic abuse.  That one is partially my fault because about 10 years ago I confided in my mother about a fight I had with my spouse and now she uses that event to tell people that my spouse is abusive towards me.  He's not.

Right now I'm working on trying to shut the FOO out as much as possible.  But I still worry about them finding a way in and threatening me.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:19:35 PM by BeachGlass »

gary

• http://www.gawalters.com
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 10:45:08 PM »
Can it be considered a legitimate threat that can be reported if someone writes that if I mention them on social media they will show up at my house?

Hi BeachGlass

This thread will probably be moved but yes you can "report it". If I were you and this is coming from an x cop I would not c all the cops and have them come to your house but just go to the station and tell them you just want a report on file and tell them why. There is no reason they should not take a report right there in the office . Your only problem is you probably do not have anything more on who it is but their name they are using on FB but print out the conversation so they can have it. It's probably nothing but one never knows. There are a lot of fruitcakes out their. I do take it that they must know where you live in order for it to even be an actual threat. Maybe you do know their real name.

You may be asked if your want to press charges and you don't have to in order to just get a report on file. They probably will not do anything about this if you don't want to press charges but at least it's on file in case it escalates. In other words if this person did show up at your front door the cops will already have a complaint to go on.
" A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because its trust is not on the branch but on its own wings.

Believe in yourself ".

Josh S hipp

www.gawalters.com
http://gawalters.com/blog/

BeachGlass

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 12:26:40 PM »

Hi BeachGlass

This thread will probably be moved but yes you can "report it". If I were you and this is coming from an x cop I would not c all the cops and have them come to your house but just go to the station and tell them you just want a report on file and tell them why. There is no reason they should not take a report right there in the office . Your only problem is you probably do not have anything more on who it is but their name they are using on FB but print out the conversation so they can have it. It's probably nothing but one never knows. There are a lot of fruitcakes out their. I do take it that they must know where you live in order for it to even be an actual threat. Maybe you do know their real name.

You may be asked if your want to press charges and you don't have to in order to just get a report on file. They probably will not do anything about this if you don't want to press charges but at least it's on file in case it escalates. In other words if this person did show up at your front door the cops will already have a complaint to go on.

Thank you for that information Gary.  I'll definitely consider filing a report for them to keep on file.
The person making the threats is a sibling of mine.  I didn't want to give out too much detail because I get paranoid of being found online.
The family of origin doesn't know our current address because there were drive-bys at our previous address.  But with all of those sites out there where a person can pay a few dollars and get information on someone,  I don't feel 100% safe.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 12:29:32 PM by BeachGlass »