reply to links not working

Started by dreamtree, January 31, 2019, 01:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamtree

Please be advised that the reply to links that are being sent with pm's for moderators do not work. I have now twice received two different PM's from admin that I could NOT reply to using the provided link which clearly is pointed to as the only option for replying.

When I have clicked on the reply to link, I get a message window that contains a BLANK recipient field which I cannot populate with the admin@outofthefog.net address. Attempting to send this message results in an error that the recipient isnt recognized, please enter a recipient.

xredshoesx

thanks for letting us know.  we just had an upgrade so this may be one of the things that still needs to be tweaked to get it working correctly

dreamtree

I cant seem to paste or attach a screenshot, but yes, I just tried again and basically unlike other messages where there is an email address icon under the unpopulated "to" field, there is nothing there at all AND nothing in the field.

So, literally no way to respond to an admin message.

dreamtree

Also, and I dont know if this is "new" or if its related to this issue or just another bug entirely, but personal messages are NOT going to my messages box in the forum but ONLY straight to my email inbox as a notification of NEW PERSONAL MESSAGE. Yikes! I did a search on that in my inbox and found nothing like that from a few years back, but maybe that was always that way. I just dont get why a copy wouldnt appear in my personal messages inbox.

moglow

It's possible that a software update may have changed those settings. We'll have to look further into it, as I don't recall this being reported recently.
A report to moderators/admins may not populate all applicable names in the "to" field, as it is sent directly to us as part of the report.

Again, thank you for the reports - we weren't aware of these issues.
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

xredshoesx

this text was in the memo, correct?

If you have questions or concerns please use the 'Report to Admin' link at the bottom of this message to contact the team regarding this message and the moderation of your post.

Regards,
The Out of the FOG Team.

did you see the report button?

xredshoesx

are you browsing on a phone or a computer?  messages display on a secondary menu when you browse on a phone.