Teeth rant...

• 1 Replies

kiwihelen

Teeth rant...
« on: October 17, 2016, 05:41:06 AM »
Off to the Orthodontist with Eldest aged 19 tomorrow.
My dentist saw her and advised that the care is medically necessary not just cosmetic now.

Eldest was alienated from age 13 to 16 from her Dad then lived with mother dearest again from 17 until 19.

This should have been dealt with years ago.

WeAreAllATadBitBroken

Re: Teeth rant...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 02:27:01 PM »
i can understand your frustration kiwihelen!    my own dental care was neglected from 11 years onwards by uPDf whom i lived with.  now am missing a quarter of my teeth and about to lose at least two more, with work needed on at least three others.   the damage to my teeth that was never taken care of started in grade 7 (11/12 years old).   add on to that bad tooth genetics from both sides of my FOO, so the knowledge that very necessary and ongoing dental visits was needed was already there before i was 11.  my mother ensured we got dental before she divorced uPDf.   but not once did i go to the dentist in my teens.     i now can't afford it due to ensuring my kiddo's medical/dental needs are met before mine.   add on to that my fear and anxiety of the dentist due to so much work needing done.

i saw a dentist in elementary school.   the next time i went i was 24 years old, on my own accord and dime.
I know now there is no bargaining with the PD- because via research and experience you learn that when you deal with PD you sure aren't getting a bargain!