Ummm?

• 1 Replies

Associate of Daniel

Ummm?
« on: October 18, 2016, 09:57:50 AM »
Me to u/npd exH:
Ds has told me he's not taking his prescribed medication when at your place. Could you please ensure that he does?

U/npd exH to me: 
Please explain  why there is still medication left when the prescription was only for x months.

I didn't reply:  ummm. Maybe because he hasn't been taking it at your place?

:stars: :o

AOD

A_newlife2014

Re: Ummm?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 11:08:13 AM »
Wow - haha! You have more restraint than me! Sounds like he feels criticized and is trying to deflect, change the subject and ... somehow ... try to put ... blame on you for ... something...?

It was astounding to me once I started really seeing how truly self-centered NPDxh was. Much easier to understand his seemingly nonsensical non-sequiturs though, once I realized just how much not accepting blame, or any kind of self-awareness, was to him. Any nonsensical statement will do as long as it re-directs attention, preferably onto you.

I hope this med issue is something you can get resolved, hopefully without relying on him too much, as, much like the rest of co-parenting, even important things like meds are hard to trust them on.

I share meds for DS with NPDxh but nothing critical, thankfully. It goes OK in general but there are random weird moments as well, like he'll suddenly decide to start doing it differently or not at all because he forgets or because he suddenly decides he want to assert his parenting or whatever. ... When I call him on it, 99% of the time he tries to tie it to something he thinks or says I did or said, which didn't happen.

So again, thankfully, not a critical med. Hope that's the case with you as well.

- ANL