2 Timothy 3

• 6 Replies

momnthefog

• Host Member
2 Timothy 3
« on: November 16, 2016, 12:36:36 PM »
xPDbf appealed to my faith and my family.  In fact on our first date he hooked me into an 8 week Bible study so we "could get to know one another."  When he discarded me the first time....and then hovered me back in he used....it was God's will.

Through all of this I seem to struggle more with the faith and spiritual side of PD abuse....my lack of compassion, forgiveness, evil within the church, why God allows evil to be manifested....etc.

Several weeks ago I attended a women's seminar.  One of the speakers read this.

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

Do you have other Bible references that have helped you make sense (if that's possible) of PDs.

Thank you,

momnthefog
"She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible.  She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings."

Inurdreams

Re: 2 Timothy 3
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 01:01:26 PM »
The scripture you posted is one I found recently.  It has helped me with my feelings of guilt in going NC with certain people especially where it says, Have nothing to do with such people.

Thank you for posting this.

Peek not through the keyhole lest ye be vexed. - Stephen King

Response to a Flying Monkey:  Apparently you are suffering under the delusion that I give a damn.

tommom

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 10:24:12 AM »
Wow. I have read that verse before but never thought of it in those terms, Inurdreams. It is a command for NC, isn't it? Just wow.
"It is not my job to fix other people; everyone is on their own journey."

1footouttadefog

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 02:30:15 AM »
How timely.  I have been attending a study of 2Timothy and thst chapter has been sticking out for me also.

I think of it as the pd chapter.

liftinfog

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 11:22:30 PM »
Yes I've been building up a list!

A false accusation is as deadly as a sword, a club, or a sharp arrow. (Proverbs‬ 25‬:18‬ GNB)

Some people ruin themselves by their own stupid actions and then blame the LORD. (Proverbs‬ 19‬:3‬ GNB)

What you get by dishonesty you may enjoy like the finest food, but sooner or later it will be like a mouthful of sand. (Proverbs‬ 20‬:17‬ GNB)

People who do not get along with others are interested only in themselves; they will disagree with what everyone else knows is right. (Proverbs‬ 18‬:1‬ GNB)

Whitewashing bad people and throwing mud on good people are equally abhorrent to GOD. (Proverbs‬ 17‬:15‬ MSG)

Evil people relish malicious conversation; the ears of liars itch for dirty gossip. (Proverbs‬ 17‬:4‬ MSG)

A reliable witness always tells the truth, but an unreliable one tells nothing but lies. (Proverbs‬ 14‬:5‬ GNB)

Be honest and you show that you have reverence for the LORD; be dishonest and you show that you do not. (Proverbs‬ 14‬:2‬ GNB)

He replied, “My mother and brothers are the ones who hear and do God’s Word. Obedience is thicker than blood.” (Luke‬ 8‬:21‬ MSG)

A good person brings good out of the treasure of good things in his heart; a bad person brings bad out of his treasure of bad things. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. (Luke‬ 6‬:45‬ GNB)

But I keep trusting in you, my Sovereign LORD. I seek your protection; don't let me die! 9 Protect me from the traps they have set for me, from the snares of those evildoers. 10 May the wicked fall into their own traps while I go by unharmed. (Psalms‬ 141‬:8-10‬ GNB)

LORD, place a guard at my mouth, a sentry at the door of my lips. 4 Keep me from wanting to do wrong and from joining evil people in their wickedness. May I never take part in their feasts. 5 Good people may punish me and rebuke me in kindness, but I will never accept honour from evil people, because I am always praying against their evil deeds. (Psalms‬ 141‬:3-5‬ GNB)

Be merciful to us, LORD, be merciful; we have been treated with so much contempt. (Psalms‬ 123‬:3‬ GNB)

A hypocrite hides hatred behind flattering words. 25 They may sound fine, but don't believe him, because his heart is filled to the brim with hate. 26 He may disguise his hatred, but everyone will see the evil things he does. (Proverbs‬ 26‬:24-26‬ GNB)

You have to hate someone to want to hurt him with lies. Insincere talk brings nothing but ruin. (Proverbs‬ 26‬:28‬ GNB)

People who set traps for others get caught themselves. People who start landslides get crushed. (Proverbs‬ 26‬:27‬ GNB)

25 The LORD is good to everyone who trusts in him, 26 So it is best for us to wait in patience — to wait for him to save us — 27 And it is best to learn this patience in our youth. (Lamentations‬ 3‬:25-27‬ GNB)

Stupid people always think they are right. Wise people listen to advice. (Proverbs‬ 12‬:15‬ GNB)
“Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them.”
― Leo Tolstoy

Associate of Daniel

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 09:56:52 AM »
Liftinfog, you've been busy!

This is a great list  thank-you for taking the time to post it.

AOD

RemovingTheNoose

• No longer walks on eggshells, still removing fleas
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 02:26:31 AM »
Thank you LiftinFog this is a great compilation.

:applause:   :-*
* I WILL NOT SET MYSELF ON FIRE JUST TO KEEP YOU WARM *

* On a list of 35 Narcissistic Traits my NMother has 31, she would be so proud to have scored so highly *

REMOVED THE NOOSE: 14 JAN 2017
BECOMING A BETTER WIFE AND MOTHER: 15 JAN 2017
TODAY: not always smiling but still winning   :-D