Holidays. I want to scream!

• 1 Replies

mamato3

Holidays. I want to scream!
« on: November 29, 2016, 07:25:21 PM »
I hate that ex's birthday is on December 24th and that he insists his birthday is a national holiday. I hate that DS doesn't want to go to Christmas there and I have to force him.  I am making myself feel  better by figuring that this is his last Christmas with ex. Once he's 16 it's not like he can force him to go there...or at least not stay the whole day. He'll have a car, and he will be able to LEAVE.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 07:29:12 PM by mamato3 »

Latchkey

• Administrator
Re: Holidays. I want to scream!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 11:37:35 AM »
The holidays are hard and having this birthday/Christmas PD visit is just a reminder of how much dysfunction there is. I'm hoping you can create some good traditions with your S for the days around Christmas that have nothing to do with your ex.

This year my older teen D's took over the tree decorations and using stuff my 19 yo bought new at the discount stores -- they turned the tree into something color coordinated. It's pretty and with all new ornaments and  it's refreshing though I prefer the eclectic look myself. It felt good to give the girls control and realize the old mostly cheap ornaments  were loaded with difficult memories for us. There are a handful of ornaments-- special to mostly me that I snuck into the tree too. It's freeing to let go of the anger and sadness as much as I can.
It will be better next year when your S can control the visit times for sure.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:41:16 AM by Latchkey »
Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living.
-Mother Jones
-
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
-Maya Angelou
-
When we have the courage to do what we need to do, we unleash mighty forces that come to our aid.