Valley of the Dolls. Aunt has out PD-ed my mother

• 44 Replies

Fiasco

Re: Valley of the Dolls. Aunt has out PD-ed my mother
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 04:58:15 PM »
Ugh, this has called to mind one of my BPDm's favorite sayings. "We all wanted babies, but none of us wanted kids!" Wtf.

RapunzelNoMore

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 05:06:11 PM »
My own PD-Other declared that I was wonderful until I started having opinions of my own.  :stars: :stars: :stars:

I'm pretty much in the "no kids" camp, but if that ever changes, my PD-Other will not be allowed within half a mile. I will dig a moat and find some dragons.  :ninja: :ninja:
And at last I see the light, and it's like the fog has lifted

SmolderingDragon

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 06:00:54 PM »
Curiosity got the better of me and I googled these 'reborn dolls' things.   :sadno: :shudders:  Just beyond creepy.

The only good thing is that the pwPD can't emotionally damage a doll like they can a real child.  :upsidedown:
"Some people bring joy wherever they go, and some people bring joy whenever they go." -- Mark Twain

sandpiper

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2016, 07:15:47 PM »
I just read the starter post & since I didn't know what they were I googled 'creepy reborn silicon baby' - and being half awake & as such lazy, I hit 'images'.
I recommend you all do it, just for laughs.
There's a baby Voldemort, a baby vampire (kirsten dunst lookalike from the Interview with the Vampire movie) and a zombie baby, among others.
My fellow childless, I urge you all to rush out and get your NPD mothers one of these so that they know why we have failed to reproduce. Well that was my fear, anyway. Breathing life into another one of them. I can't think of any worse fate than raising a sociopath to haunt you through your old age. And I'm quite sure that my family does carry the psychopath gene.
 8-)
Hugs Annie.
I'll now make a cuppa & read all these properly. xxx
* sudden thought: perhaps we could commission the creepy doll creator to come up with a range of 'teenager dolls' & program them to talk back & be mouthy & churlish when you ask them if they love you & if they've cleaned their room.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 07:37:19 PM by sandpiper »

sandpiper

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 07:47:12 PM »
Oh you are all just too, too, funny.
Thanks so much for all the giggles.
And Annie, I know you are hurting over this, and understandably so, but truly, your mother and your aunt belong on reality TV where the world can enjoy how very special they are. I'm sure TV screenwriters must visit these message boards when they run out of ideas, it's comedy gold.
xxx

MLR

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2016, 12:06:49 AM »
P.D. James wrote a book think it was called Children of Men.  Scenario was suddenly women worldwide could not get pregnant, and story begins about 20 to 30 years after that.

There was a moment when narrator was walking down a street and see two women with a tiny bundled up figure.  He gets closer and the bundle is a kitten dressed in baby clothes and wrapped in a swaddling blanket.  The two women are taking the "baby" to church to be baptized.   The desperate  yearning for a child was so bad the above scenario was not uncommon.

Reminds me of the mil's discussed in this thread.

UKannie

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2016, 08:58:40 PM »
I just read the starter post & since I didn't know what they were I googled 'creepy reborn silicon baby' - and being half awake & as such lazy, I hit 'images'.
The search results are hilariously hideous aren't they? 8-)  You should try youtube. I don't know what's worse, the earnest nappy/diaper-changing 'role-plays' or the 'unwrappings' (taking a new doll out of its box) which, among Reborn circles, is experienced much like a birth. Several women have purchased real baby car seats so they can take them out for rides. One pretends she's taking it to daycare. Another affixes her doll to a swing in a park and pushes it to and fro. Many are British I'm embarrassed to say. :wacko:

Yes my aunt and mother would be great in a reality show but I think both consider themselves too respectable and discerning to even watch shows of that type. Aunt in particular would make a good subject: for a while she went through a phase of hanging around the beds of dying people with a camera, in an attempt to get shots of angels in action (I hasten to add this was after her period of working as a district nurse not during). She would carry a wallet of awful dark blurry pictures around with her insisting shadows on the wall were 'wings' and such like.

P.D. James wrote a book think it was called Children of Men.  Scenario was suddenly women worldwide could not get pregnant, and story begins about 20 to 30 years after that.

There was a moment when narrator was walking down a street and see two women with a tiny bundled up figure.  He gets closer and the bundle is a kitten dressed in baby clothes and wrapped in a swaddling blanket.  The two women are taking the "baby" to church to be baptized.   The desperate  yearning for a child was so bad the above scenario was not uncommon.
Yes I remember!! There is a film also, which I recommend. At one stage my aunt adopted a three-legged dog but clearly that did not fill the hole in the same way and I'm not sure what happened to it. Fortunately she lacks a church in which to carry out any 're-baptism' ceremony as she has fallen out with a succession of congregations at local churches and now tunes into a American evangelical channel (which she sends money to) on a Sunday morning instead.

Incidentally, I love it that this thread seems to have taken a life of its own (let's hope my aunt's doll doesn't  :aaauuugh:)

Bloomie

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2016, 09:20:49 PM »
Quote from: Ukannie
Incidentally, I love it that this thread seems to have taken a life of its own (let's hope my aunt's doll doesn't  :aaauuugh:)
:rofl: I cannot get through your posts without LOL!!! You are killing me with this stuff. Too funny and yet like a terrible accident you can't look away from as well I would imagine as you witness this stuff. I will be on the look out for women with 3 legged dogs and Reborn babies...  :blink:

Seriously... like a birth unwrapping out of the box and car seats and swinging them on the swings????  :aaauuugh: I cannot get over it.

All the while there are real live children in need of car seats and clothes and love.  :doh:

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
  • You can be free and heal ❤️‍🩹
    • One Key to Better Boundaries
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2016, 09:47:19 PM »
hanging around the beds of dying people with a camera, in an attempt to get shots of angels in action (I hasten to add this was after her period of working as a district nurse not during). She would carry a wallet of awful dark blurry pictures around with her insisting shadows on the wall were 'wings' and such like.

:aaauuugh: :rofl: I'm not sure but I think this might beat the reborn dolls, I'm torn . . .
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage-plan accordingly, make time to heal
Individuation is one key to emotional freedom
It's foolish to expect of others what they have no capacity to give
my Empowered Growth blog

DizzyKin

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2016, 10:49:01 AM »
I don't know what's worse, the earnest nappy/diaper-changing 'role-plays' or the 'unwrappings' (taking a new doll out of its box) which, among Reborn circles, is experienced much like a birth.

:aaauuugh:
Do they pant and moan like they're in labour too?

blacksheep7

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2016, 11:01:39 AM »
This is just too funny....lol
I may be the black sheep of the family, but some of the white sheep are not as white as they try to appear.

all4peace

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2016, 11:36:24 AM »
That is mind blowing. I also had to do a web search. I am beyond creeped out. Is this a PD thing? uNBPDmil was only truly interested in her grandkids when they were cuddly infants. If they didn't like to cuddle, if they cried, if they grew up, then her interest in them evaporated and they became troublesome to her. What on earth?!

I recently read the book An Abbreviated Life, in which the author's mother MUST be BPD, and in that book she describes her mother having her crawl between her naked legs (as a 9 year old) to reenact her birth. I wonder what the deal is with PDs and birth/babies.

DizzyKin

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2016, 11:42:44 AM »
I recently read the book An Abbreviated Life, in which the author's mother MUST be BPD, and in that book she describes her mother having her crawl between her naked legs (as a 9 year old) to reenact her birth. I wonder what the deal is with PDs and birth/babies.

:aaauuugh: The most horrific thing I've read on this thread so far! To actually involve a child in it, just wrong!

all4peace

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2016, 11:45:21 AM »

:aaauuugh: The most horrific thing I've read on this thread so far! To actually involve a child in it, just wrong!
Even worse, the mother did the same things with the author's childhood friend. Needless to say, that friend was never allowed to go to the author's house after school again.

VividImagination

• Fear is not real; it is a product of the thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice. - After Earth
  • Vivid the Blunt
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2016, 04:16:58 PM »
I googled it in the car this morning with DH, and we were both totally freaked over the fact that they move and make noise.

Scary.
There are three solutions to every problem: accept it, change it, or leave it. If you cannot accept it, change it. I f you cannot change it, leave it.

Sometimes you're damned if you don't and damned if you do, so damn well do what's best for you.

Fiasco

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2016, 05:32:32 PM »
BPDm convinced me to suck her nipple when I was elementary aged so I could "see what nursing was like". I'm adopted and she has no other children. It makes me sick to admit this, like there's much I could have done about it. I remember I went along because I felt so sorry for her.

UKannie

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2016, 10:06:24 PM »
BPDm convinced me to suck her nipple when I was elementary aged so I could "see what nursing was like". I'm adopted and she has no other children. It makes me sick to admit this, like there's much I could have done about it. I remember I went along because I felt so sorry for her.
Fiasco, I am so sorry that happened to you. That sounds like very disturbing experience and was definitely a type of abuse. You had no choice but to go along with it as you were the child and she was the parent. Adults have no right to use children to satisfy their confused feelings and frustrations. I know the tone of this thread has often been very humorous but there is serious side to it and in my view all of the disordered women we have been discussing seem to lack the ability to channel their 'maternal' urges appropriately. I think the anger in my initial post stems from what I see as a very short leap between creepy behaviour with dolls and outright abuse. It is all about objectifying small children. I am really sorry this thread triggered that memory for you but I am not surprised  :(
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 10:44:38 PM by UKannie »

VividImagination

• Fear is not real; it is a product of the thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice. - After Earth
  • Vivid the Blunt
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2016, 10:17:01 PM »
It is all about objectifying small children. (

Excellent insight.
There are three solutions to every problem: accept it, change it, or leave it. If you cannot accept it, change it. I f you cannot change it, leave it.

Sometimes you're damned if you don't and damned if you do, so damn well do what's best for you.

Fiasco

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2016, 11:46:55 PM »
UKannie thank you for the kind words. I don't mind the triggers, I'm emotionally in a good place to handle the memories. And it reminds me who I'm dealing with and sometimes even feeling sorry for.

DizzyKin

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2016, 05:27:43 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that Fiasco. It's not just the abuse that's done that causes damage, it's the feeling that we should have been more capable than we were to stop it. In some ways that can last so much longer. I'm glad to hear you're in a good place now.
And I agree with UKannie. It is sad that the maternal instinct - something that would normally be so lovely and connecting - instead comes out in such a disordered and harmful way.