My common law husband has ppd (paranoid personality disorder)

• 1 Replies

Ajenkins1003

My common law husband has ppd (paranoid personality disorder)
« on: December 06, 2016, 01:50:11 PM »
Hello. I am a 39 year old mother of 5. I have been with this man 4 going on 17 years now. Soon after the initial infatuation phase at the beginning of our relationship, and maybe even during it, I think, I Egan to get the feeling something about him was " off ". Just little things that were said about his upbringing and about how never to ever under any circumstances trust anyone. It just seemed like he thought everyone was out to get him. Having grown up on a farm, I contributed it to growing up in the city. Since then, I have pretty much spent some amount of time everyday of my life trying to defend myself against a never ending parade of unfounded accusations. Not just about cheating, but about pretty much everything else as well. I love this man but I just gotta say my spirit is feeling quite warn these days. I have been dealing with him being pretty much entirely unaffectionate to me for many years now. Even to the point when I go to hug him, he pulls away or holds me away from him. That was a hard pill to swallow but  you take the good with the bad when you love someone.....within reason that is..no physical abuse or anything like that. Anyway, it's just gotten so bad. I am reaching out for support and guidance.

coyote

Re: My common law husband has ppd (paranoid personality disorder)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 02:03:49 PM »
Ajenkins,
Welcome to OOTF. I sounds like Ajenkins might be a real name. If it is I would encourage you to change it for confidentiality sake. I understand the pain and confusion you are experiencing. Been there with my uPPDw. This is a supportive, non judgemental community for people dealing with PDs in their life. I would encourage you to study the toolbox. Especially look at setting boundaries against the verbal abuse you are encountering. In my situation I have termed any accusations of infidelity as verbal abuse and set boundaries against them.
Look also at circular conversations, 3Cs, etc. On the boards there are topics such as Committed to Working on It and Chosen Relationships. You will find folks in similar situations and learn a lot from they are doing as well as get a lot of support.  I hope this site is as much help to you as it has been for me.
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
 Wayne Dyer

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
Capt. Jack Sparrow

Choose not to be harmed and you wonít feel harmed. Donít feel harmed and you havenít been. -Marcus Aurelius