My new mantra FOG

• 1 Replies

Lunagirl

My new mantra FOG
« on: December 20, 2016, 04:40:52 PM »
Hi, just found thr courage to sign up here , as this site along with ' walking on eggshells' has saved me. My new mantra is ' remember the FOG' which has helped me stay in the reality in my own power and strength. I moved out 2 mths ago from my undiagnosed husband after years and years of all that you talk of here. I have this week faced the ultimate point of no return after hanging on the ' dream ' and false promises , and wishing and hoping we can see our way through this. After weeks of being perfect we had a massive crash ( expected as completely unsustainable to be perfect!)  but i have let go of the hope now. I am just weighing  up the advice about no contact  and am undecided, but feeling strong at the moment.
Thank you to everyone who has posted here as you have guided me,  saved my sanity, and general helped me be brave and strong . Long road ahead no doubt and anticipating the dips but priortising me now.

practical

Re: My new mantra FOG
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 08:11:01 PM »
Welcome to OOTF!

I'm happy you have joined us and hope you'll get involved on the Chosen Relationships   or Separating and Divorcing boards whenever you are ready. Sharing your story can be a powerful part of your healing. I have learned that when I post here I think about things in new ways as I have to explain them to others and this together with the comments by other members has brought me further OOTF. I have also learned a lot by simply reading the posts of others without commenting, because what I read stimulated my thinking, validated my experience, which is I think what you describe for yourself.

If you haven't discovered already, please make sure to check out the Toolbox      for your own growth and healing.

Hope to read more of your story on the boards!
If Im not towards myself, who is towards myself? And when Im only towards myself, what am I? And if not now, when? (Rabbi Hillel)

"I can forgive, but I cannot afford to forget." (Moglow)