2 years later my narcissistic ex reaches out

• 2 Replies

p011yp0ck3t

2 years later my narcissistic ex reaches out
« on: January 09, 2017, 06:20:09 PM »
I was with a narcissist about 3 years ago.  I was young, moved out of state, already vulnerable & nave.

It was an up & down relationship. He always accused me of cheating on him & he would call me and say he was on a date with someone else's

He was emotionally abusive.

He wanted a break I said we're done...
He dated someone two weeks after we broke up.

They broke up. He reached out & I never answered. He called me & texted me.

I saw him at a stoplight we were next to each other & he screamed my name outside of his window & I didn't answer.

He added me on Snapchat a couple months later... he snapped me because he saw me at my old job and I didn't say hi.

Still ignoring him...

Months later back in november he messaged me on ig saying you remember me? Can u call me about something?

I told him he could call me after my
Class and he did. All he did was ask how I've been.
I though it was something important

I had to give myself closure when we broke up ...

After me he had one girlfriend over the summer then another one for a year.....

Our convo has been very bland. He wanted to meet up one night but I was busy.

[edited to removed quoted messages over several days]

What does this mean? Will he try to talk in person?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 07:48:19 AM by Spring Butterfly »

Crayola13

Re: 2 years later my narcissistic ex reaches out
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 08:48:47 PM »
I was with a narcissist about 3 years ago.  I was young, moved out of state, already vulnerable & nave.

It was an up & down relationship. He always accused me of cheating on him & he would call me and say he was on a date with someone else's

He was emotionally abusive.

He wanted a break I said we're done...
He dated someone two weeks after we broke up.

They broke up. He reached out & I never answered. He called me & texted me.

I saw him at a stoplight we were next to each other & he screamed my name outside of his window & I didn't answer.

He added me on Snapchat a couple months later... he snapped me because he saw me at my old job and I didn't say hi.

Still ignoring him...

Months later back in november he messaged me on ig saying you remember me? Can u call me about something?

I told him he could call me after my
Class and he did. All he did was ask how I've been.
I though it was something important

I had to give myself closure when we broke up ...

After me he had one girlfriend over the summer then another one for a year.....

Our convo has been very bland. He wanted to meet up one night but I was busy.

[edited to remove quoted messages over several days]

What does this mean? Will he try to talk in person?

So now he's being sweet as pie. Just keep telling him how you are busy with school, enjoying your friends, etc. "Sorry I didn't respond to your text, but you know how this young single life is, especially when you're in college! Gotta go to study group. Bye!" That would be a good response for you to text back after a week or so of ignoring his texts. When he wants to meet up, tell him you are doing something important and don't know when you'll have time.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 07:46:06 AM by Spring Butterfly »

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
  • Individuation = our key to emotional freedom
    • I Am Enough
Re: 2 years later my narcissistic ex reaches out
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 07:56:03 AM »
Welcome to Out of the FOG. It sounds like what you're experiencing is stalking behavior
http://outofthefog.website/top-100-trait-blog/2015/11/4/stalking

I'm not sure why you're engaging in messaging and interacting with a past romantic partner especially one who is toxic for you. Toolbox topics rules of relationships and making good choices might help you sort this out. The topic on Boundaries might also shed some light. You have every right to connect and disconnect or block anyone you choose without needing to offer an explanation or 'be nice' about why.

It might be best to consider disengaging from this person, something we call droping the rope. Your interaction is giving him the distinct impression you are interested in keeping some ties to him which means there is still some emotional connection.

Wishing you peace and a healing journey Out of the FOG.
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage. Plan accordingly, make time to heal
Individuation is the key to emotional freedom
It's foolish to expect of others what they have no capacity to give
If others were self observant, introspective, this forum would not exist