Hi, new here

• 3 Replies

ladytor

Hi, new here
« on: February 02, 2017, 12:46:39 PM »
So, I am not alone.  This seems to be a very busy forum.  I am glad to have found it, but sad to see there are so many here.

I've been married 16 years.  Several children.  My husband has some sort of pd.  I've been knowing I can't change him.  I have a long road in front of me.  I know I have to learn to handle it, but today I am just so very sad and angry.  It's been a tough marriage, but this year I have seen hell.

practical

Re: Hi, new here
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 12:52:26 PM »
Welcome to OOTF!

you'll find a very carrying and supportive community here, who will share their experiences with you and what has worked for them. Have a look around the place, there is a lot of information under the various tabs at the top of this page, you may especially want to look at the Toolbox     , to learn some skills to help and heal. There are several boards for people married to a PD, maybe the first one to check out is Chosen Relationships .

Yes, you aren't alone, and knowing this in itself can be a great help as it gives validation to what you have been going through. I'm sorry it has been hell.

Hope to see you on the boards!
ďIf Iím not towards myself, who is towards myself? And when Iím only towards myself, what am I? And if not now, when?Ē (Rabbi Hillel)

"I can forgive, but I cannot afford to forget." (Moglow)

coyote

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 01:05:57 PM »
ladytor,
I can't add much to what Practical said. Just wanted to add my welcome and tell you again you are certainly not alone. I hope to hear more of your story on the boards. Once again welcome.
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
 Wayne Dyer

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
Capt. Jack Sparrow

Choose not to be harmed and you wonít feel harmed. Donít feel harmed and you havenít been. -Marcus Aurelius

Tasha78

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 12:49:24 AM »
Hi Ladytor,

Wow, seems like we have a lot in common! I've been married to my husband for 16 years as well and I suspect a PD (although he has never been diagnosed). I found this site only today and am so glad that I did. I am feeling just so drained at the moment and am exhausted from this roller coaster ride.

I find it can be very isolating as I feel disloyal if I speak to any of our friends or family about our issues, so it's nice to be able to talk to other people who have similar issues, even though - as you say, it's sad that there are so many of us going through this.

I hope you've had a better last few days :-) and that in joining this site, we can both find some help and support that we need.
Take care