Your voice is important, your story has meaning.

• 26 Replies

solongStockholm

Re: Your voice is important, your story has meaning.
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 04:31:13 PM »
Thank you!

Houstorm

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 06:47:46 PM »
Wonderful post Malini!  Thank you for writing it.

bloomie

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2017, 07:29:55 PM »
Malini - beautiful post that is deeply moving for those of us here who have been silenced - sometimes brutally so. Working up the courage to put our truth in black letters on a white screen - and then finding validation and acceptance, kindred spirits and empathetic hearts is more powerful than anyone can explain. It has to be experienced in support communities or safe relationships before we can really understand that it is possible for us to be heard and believed.

I am so thankful to this community and to those who have shared so courageously so that we all can learn and grow and heal together. Thank you for honoring us with your post Malini!

Malini

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 06:28:59 AM »
Thank you for all your heartfelt and honest responses. It's so comforting to feel supported by the wonderful community here.

I'll just say, the responses are completely indicative of what this board offers. I wrote the post with thoughts of lack of self esteem, invisibility, etc which are my issues and each and everyone took bits of it and made it their own speaking of silence, shame, fear, anger, solitude, etc.

These (your) interactions are what makes this board such a special, enriching and empowering place to be for all of us. Thank YOU!
"How do you do it?" said night
"How do you wake and shine?"
"I keep it simple." said light
"One day at a time" - Lemn Sissay

'I think it's important to realise that you can miss something, but not want it back' Paul Coelho

'We accept the love we think we deserve' Stephen Chbosky

Tamzen

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 10:43:15 AM »
I love this! Thank you.

Fightsong

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2017, 12:21:47 PM »
Black words on white screen. Yes. I posted something to that affect in my early days here. How powerfully liberating it is. After all these years of 'Don't tell, Don't talk,  private business,' Gagged and silenced and yes, bubbled up into powerful anger. years of it, being made to feel like a drama queen for even wanting to talk about it. Thanks Malini.

HelenP

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 10:57:14 PM »
Thank you all for posting your stories, they have been so helpful for me! I have been reading them for the past four years; they helped me to recognize how much I am hurting.