What do I say to this woman?

• 23 Replies

SPinSC

• Make this life count - there is no 'reset' button!
Re: What do I say to this woman?
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 01:21:12 PM »
Oh, SP...bless your little heart.  :)

Owwie!!!! Vivid, I thought you liked me LOL
I choose this day to rise up and be my best self, not succumbing to that which I sense is inside me, trying to drag me down.

Love is an action verb. You will know if it is genuine by the actions that support it, not by the frequency of the spoken words.

VividImagination

• Fear is not real; it is a product of the thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice. - After Earth
  • Vivid the Blunt
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 03:18:49 PM »
I do, sugar, I positively do!!

I forgive you for being a Yankee. One can't help how one is born, bless your precious little heart.

I actually do like ya, SP, which is why I can joke with you. ;) And for those of you reading that were not born in the Land of the Backhanded Compliment, "bless your heart" is a sugarcoated version, "God, you're an idiot. How do find your way out of bed in the morning???"
There are three solutions to every problem: accept it, change it, or leave it. If you cannot accept it, change it. I f you cannot change it, leave it.

Sometimes you're damned if you don't and damned if you do, so damn well do what's best for you.

SPinSC

• Make this life count - there is no 'reset' button!
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 04:21:16 PM »
Oh, honey, I'm a split-personality. Daddy from Georgia, Mama from Boston (then Atlanta).

PS - when someone starts with honey - they're either sincere and friendly or about to slice your backbone - and you won't know until you feel the blade.

I am going to hijack this thread if I'm not careful.

Back to the original point. Don't use your phone, but do call the woman on her behavior - with all grace and kindness. 'I don't generally find it an attractive trait to be aggressive in pursuit of friendship. Therefore, I will not be calling you in future. Have a wonderful afternoon.' ((( Can I get a passive-aggressive witness to say AMEN?)))

Or the other version *I* wish I had the nerve to say, 'Have you lost your mind? I haven't, which is why I won't be bothering to try in future. Now, don't stumble over that dropped jaw, dear, that just wouldn't do.' <<< At least I hope that made you smile!
I choose this day to rise up and be my best self, not succumbing to that which I sense is inside me, trying to drag me down.

Love is an action verb. You will know if it is genuine by the actions that support it, not by the frequency of the spoken words.

Adria

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 05:39:37 PM »
SPinSC,

"'I don't generally find it an attractive trait to be aggressive in pursuit of friendship. Therefore, I will not be calling you in future. Have a wonderful afternoon."  That's great!  LOL.  I think I will have to stick a couple of these in my purse :yes: