Introducing myself - Hi!

• 1 Replies

Soulfire

Introducing myself - Hi!
« on: March 26, 2017, 04:18:10 AM »
Hi guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself as Soulfire. 

This is my first time in a forum so ill be a bit rusty until a learn how to navigate around,

My main reason for joining is I have been a subject to group Gaslighting for most of my adult life.  At first and for the first 10 or so years I had no idea what was happening to my reality or even that there was a term called 'Gaslight'.  I actually thought I was going crazy and my perception was wrong.  After separating myself from the source of people it stopped and I gained my reality back.  But after some time I found it started happening around certain people again and I tried to find answers and I did - what a relief.

The explanations and examples are great but my experiences have been different and almost orchestrated by groups of people or individuals. 

My question is - is it just entertainment for these people?  How did they learn this evil skill as my brain wont even go there, and is it used to bully you away from a group because they dont like you or why do they do it?

Thank you   

practical

Re: Introducing myself - Hi!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 09:49:14 AM »
Welcome to OOTF!

Gaslighting is one of the more disturbing things to experience. I cannot answer your questions, as each situation is different, each person is different. You can find more information about alighting here: http://outofthefog.website/top-100-trait-blog/2015/11/4/gaslighting My suggestion is to focus on yourself, your own healing and how you can prevent being drawn in by it in the future.

As I'm unclear in which situations the gas lighting occurred, I want to make sure you are in right place. While the OOTF community is a warm, welcoming and sympathetic community, we are exclusively here to support people who are struggling with a relationship with a personality-disordered individual. If you are unfamiliar with personality disorders check out the information contained under the tab at the top of this page.

Wishing you all the best!
If Im not towards myself, who is towards myself? And when Im only towards myself, what am I? And if not now, when? (Rabbi Hillel)

"I can forgive, but I cannot afford to forget." (Moglow)