Greetings from Florida

• 1 Replies

gevan

Greetings from Florida
« on: March 26, 2017, 10:40:50 AM »
Hi everyone. It doesn't take very long to get sucked back in...my entire life I have never acknowledged that my father has NPD & my mother has enabled him. Yesterday, I was out for lunch with my father. I am 45. I was perfectly content with my pasta/vegetable dish. But he insisted that I receive more vegetables & asked the waitress to bring me more. I suppose I should not be surprised at the level of dysfunction. One example of several yesterday that led me to a discussion with my sister, in which she suggested I research NPD & some of the common techniques narcissists use. Which led me to Out of the FOG. This is a wonderful resource and I'm so happy I found it.

practical

Re: Greetings from Florida
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 05:18:50 PM »
Welcome to OOTF!

Yes, little things can take us right back into the dysfunction. Check out all the resources at the top of this page, like the
Disorders    section . Most importantly though look at the Toolbox      as it helps you interact in a safer way with your F and M, and it helps you to heal and grow. The Toolbox is really about you and for you, and as you are the only person in the dysfunction you can change, take care of, I think it is one of the most important resources.

Check out the various boards, like the Unchosen Relationships or the Dealing with PD Elderly Family Members boards, and see where you fit in. Join the discussion whenever you are ready, reading in itself can be very helpful.

Happy you found us and hope to see you on the boards!
If Im not towards myself, who is towards myself? And when Im only towards myself, what am I? And if not now, when? (Rabbi Hillel)

"I can forgive, but I cannot afford to forget." (Moglow)