Re: Question about DPD

• 2 Replies

Cedar

« on: April 01, 2017, 07:49:58 AM »
This post about Dependent Personality Disorder (DPD) is the only one specificially mentioning DPD I've found on this forum.   My mother
has DPD.  Is there anyone else on the sitebesides me who is a caregiver for a DPD elder?  My situation is described in my post #1 on "Welcome Mat."

- Healing in Seattle

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
  • You can be free and heal ❤️‍🩹
    • One Key to Better Boundaries
Re: Re: Question about DPD
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 07:50:05 PM »
We split your topic from where you posted as it doesn't address the opening poster's question. See guidelines for more on forum etiquette.
http://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?topic=59513.0

Please check the Disorders at the top of the forum and there is some information there on DPD.

You can also use the search link function instead of the magnifying glass as the search link searches the forum. However please keep in mind topics that are more than 90 days old include a caution on commenting becase the issue or question the opening poster poses is likely no longer relevant. Posts regarding your own questions should be opened by you as the opening poster.

Hope you find the tools you need to cope and support here.
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage-plan accordingly, make time to heal
Individuation is one key to emotional freedom
It's foolish to expect of others what they have no capacity to give
my Empowered Growth blog

eclipse

• Out of the FOG Website
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 08:55:25 PM »
Hey Cedar - welcome to OOTF - my ex was diagnosed with DPD (and HPD) although I have always found all the literature on BPD more salient and helpful. In fact DPD almost got struck out of the DSM Manual a couple of years ago as it's rarely diagnosed and I think some leading psychiatrists think that it doesn't really warrant a separate diagnosis. I think you will find a lot of discussions here about HPD, DPD, BPD and NPD to have crosssover value.