Thanks to the Moderators

• 1 Replies

carrots

Thanks to the Moderators
« on: April 02, 2017, 10:20:40 PM »
Just wanted to say that you Moderators sent me a message that you'd had to edit a post of mine because I'd infringed upon a rule.

I found your message so well-worded, so non-blaming, so different from messages even from non-FOO settings in my current life that I'd like to thank you for this. I have no feeling that I need to opt for Flight or disocciation or any other kind of get-me-out-of-here-I'm-so-ashamed. Yeah, I guess that's it, you didn't do any shaming.  It's probably obvious to you that you wouldn't, but it's still new phenomenon to me when somebody doesn't, apparently. It occurs to me now that a shaming post is undoubtedly an infringement of rules round here and would be edited too  ;)

Rubytown

Re: Thanks to the Moderators
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 11:39:19 PM »
This is great, Carrots!  I agree the moderators here are wonderful.  They know how to use boundaries in a firm and kind way.  It is a helpful example for our PD relationships.

Also, it says a lot about you and your development that you weren't triggered by the message.  That is really good.  For me, even an appropriate boundary would send me into a tailspin at one time.

I second the THANK YOU to the moderators.  They make this a safe and helpful site for everyone. 

:grouphug:
Ellis Boy 'Red' Redding: "Hope is a dangerous thing my friend, it can kill a man..."
Andy Dufresne: [in letter to Red] "Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."
-The Shawshank Redemption