What goes around...

• 2 Replies

lifeline

• IG
What goes around...
« on: April 26, 2017, 08:07:45 PM »
I have this friend at work.  First friend I've made IRL in many many years.  Shes a good friend.  When I'm down she picks me up.  When I'm stressed she calms me.  When I crave a quarter pounder, she totally runs to McDs.  She helped me every step of the way during my 6+ month plan to escape my NPDh now Ex...

Today she didn't come to work until noon.  I knew something was wrong.  Not because she was so late, but by the look on her face upon arrival.  Usually I mind my business when she has stuff going on, but today I felt like I should be present as support...

Her brother is NPD.  He came into town last night and they had a terrible fight that turned physical...

She's ok.  She's going through that cycle though, that emotional cycle that happens after you endure physical abuse. 

I made it a point to make her smile and laugh.  We laughed away her urge to cry at work.  When there was food left out from meetings, I brought her fresh fruit and a cookie.  I've been wracking my brain on how to pay this wonderful woman back for all her help and support over the last several months, and it simply presented itself today. 

It's so hard to watch someone go through what I have experienced so so many times.  But I fully embrace the opportunity to return to her what she has done for me.

It's also hard to find a positive outcome as a victim of NPD abuse.  This is indeed a positive attribute I can take away.  I am very well equipped to repay my friend with an NPD brother when she has endured abuse.

Love, strength and peace to all those out there dealing directly or indirectly with PD's in their lives.
"Only I can change my life.  No one can do it for me."
-Carol Burnette

Liftedfog

Re: What goes around...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 09:27:17 PM »
Life!ine, you are a great friend being there for her.  I'm sorry she is too enduring abuse. Nobody should.  You know if you weren't out, you would not be equipped to help her with ex breathing down your neck.  Love the person you are away from him.  You are free to help others.  It's the circle of life.  My coworkers "line up"  to chat with me about their PDS.   Seems like everyone has at least one.  I have gained such wisdom and I share it with others.  I keep their stories all confidential.  They trust i dont gossip.  They can trust me.  Often my heart is heavy at work cause I know the struggles each are going through.  They tell me I have missed my calling.  If my own world didn't fall apart, I would be in no position to help others.  That is the sad truth.    Hugs to your friend.  Nobody should ever be abused.  Hugs to you for not forgetting everything she has done for you. 

notrightinthehead

• Host Member
Re: What goes around...
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 07:27:54 PM »
Wouw! Isn't it amazing how life works out?
I can't hate my way into loving myself.