New here!!!

• 1 Replies

Mykeh

New here!!!
« on: June 29, 2017, 09:30:48 PM »
Hi all,
My mother has a severe personality disorder (diagnosed). My older siblings were taken into care due to a history of abuse. But unfortunatley she Was allowed to keep me (the system sucks sometimes). So that's pretty much my story.

Ive been lurking in this forum for quite a while and it's great to finally sign up and say hello!!!! Thanks for having me

Menopause Barbie

Re: New here!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 12:04:57 AM »
Welcome and make yourself at home! I'm sorry for all you must have endured at the hands of a PD mother. I, like you, cautiously lurked here for a while before I determined that this was a safe place to be vulnerable and share. I am so glad I joined, and I know you will be, too. It felt great immediately just to be part of the group--to share my pain, ask for advice, and eventually to feel brave enough to offer advice to others. I hope you have the same experience I did. The wonderful, kind people on this forum know more about me and my deepest thoughts and fears than anyone in my real life, even my husband, and they have been nothing short of amazing.  :cloud9: