Hey everyone

• 3 Replies

afterthestorm

Hey everyone
« on: August 03, 2017, 07:21:38 AM »
Hey everyone, first of all, English in not my first language so I apologize for the mistakes.

I was diagnosed with CPTSD back in February and, while it felt horrible to hear I really had a problem, it felt amazing as well; I realized it was not my fault and I realized there was a way out. As for now, I don't feel like there's one though.
I failed 3 exams, which means I will have to wait 6 months to take them again and which means I will not have classes with my friends anymore. I had talked to two of them about my condition, and they were always so understanding. Not asking questions when I'd burst into tears during classes, giving me their notes when I couldn't get out of bed... They made me feel safe.

Also, my best friend got into a new relationship and she's now completely ignoring me, which could be understanding but as she knows how I've been feeling lately and as she knows how much effort I had put into my semester...

I feel like I'm back to the beginning. Like nothing as changed. My therapist lives where I study, which is 5 hours away from here. I haven't seen her in 2 months. I just wanna sleep all day and do nothing and never go back to uni again.

I hope you all are doing better and if you've read this post  thank you so much, I'm not always like that, I guess it's just a bad day/month!

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
  • You can be free and heal ❤️‍🩹
    • One Key to Better Boundaries
Re: Hey everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 09:58:34 AM »
Warm welcome and I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch having lost some of your support system. It's great you're reaching out for other sources for support. We also have a sister site cPTSD.org dedicated to supporting those with cPTSD and Pete Walker's website is tremendously helpful as well.

Mostly here on Out of the FOG we discuss challenges dealing with the PD person in our life. There is a toolbox topic on cPTSD and also a board called Working on Us you might find helpful.

Is there a PD person or persons that brings you here?
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage-plan accordingly, make time to heal
Individuation is one key to emotional freedom
It's foolish to expect of others what they have no capacity to give
my Empowered Growth blog

afterthestorm

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 10:39:20 PM »
Warm welcome and I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch having lost some of your support system. It's great you're reaching out for other sources for support. We also have a sister site cPTSD.org dedicated to supporting those with cPTSD and Pete Walker's website is tremendously helpful as well.

Mostly here on Out of the FOG we discuss challenges dealing with the PD person in our life. There is a toolbox topic on cPTSD and also a board called Working on Us you might find helpful.

Is there a PD person or persons that brings you here?

Thank you for your answer. Yes, my mom. She's been so abusive and it is incredibly hard to deal with her.

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
  • You can be free and heal ❤️‍🩹
    • One Key to Better Boundaries
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 08:48:03 AM »
My situation is uPDm also. Hopefully you're living on your own but even still, even with distance and space there is damage with ever single contact. For me it came down to a three pronged approach:
- setting personal boundaries including my personal declaration of human rights
- using medium chill to maintain those boundaries and enforce consequences, scary because that meant standing up to the bully
- deciding the level of contact so that in between contact I could heal from that damage and make progress against past damage

There's a board for dealing with PD parents and also one for dealing with elderly PD. The board structure is different here than OOTS and is relationship based. There's also a Working on Us board for healing topics and working things through.
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage-plan accordingly, make time to heal
Individuation is one key to emotional freedom
It's foolish to expect of others what they have no capacity to give
my Empowered Growth blog