3 against 1

• 2 Replies

herder

3 against 1
« on: August 10, 2017, 06:35:29 AM »
Hello. I'm just going to get straight into things and hopefully someone can help me figure out how to deal with the situation.

I became best friends with a sociopath 2.5 years ago. A year before that though, i had met her cousin and we had a brief romantic relationship. I also met and became extremely close with her younger sister, whom i call one of my closest friends. Things between me and her cousin never fully worked out because she was always at the centre of us. I moved overseas for a year and kept in contact with her but not him. When i came back from overseas, i saw him for the first time and things were instantly different between us. She then left to go travel for 2 months and almost the moment she left, he contacted me and we became romantically involved. I knew that things were going to change when she got back but i kept on hoping the relationship i had with him would be strong enough to withstand her manipulation and control.

When she got back from travelling, he was away on holiday and after a week of us living together i realized that she was manipulative, controlling, a pathological liar, had no conscience etc. and i decided to end our friendship. I hoped that she would 'let me go' and not want to hurt me. Now, she has managed to turn her sister, and her cousin against me to the point that he wont even see me.
I am desperately in love with him but i cannot get him alone to talk to him. Him and her sister are both very easy going, easy manipulated people and they are all just puppets in her game to destroy me for rejecting her and hurting her.

Is there any hope in still having a relationship with him or is there no solution but to completely let go of him and try my best to move on?

Re: 3 against 1
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 09:31:35 AM »
There's always hope.

The question I have for you is if her cousin is that easily manipulated to the point he won't even go to you to allow you to defend yourself against her accusations, is he really someone you'd want to have an intimate relationship with? The way I see it, the problem is not her, its him. If he felt that close to you at one time that he wanted to become a couple, then he would have looked at his cousin's words w/suspicion. Any normal human would allow someone to have their say, innocent until proven guilty. If this family is so easily dominated by one individual that they can't judge people w/o her take, this might be a family to keep at arm's length. Look throughout this forum and see how much trouble one PD individual & their "flying monkeys" can be. Lots of drama & trauma. It is a tough existence.

Just my 2....................
"Somedays you just can't get rid of a bomb."

Adam West (Batman)
9/19/28 - 6/10/17

coyote

Re: 3 against 1
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 02:52:52 PM »
welcome herder,
Perhaps as you get more familiar with this site and especially the Toolbox you will find ways of dealing with her. If she is truly PD she will probably always be an issue and you will need tools to get you through. You will find a lot of support here. Hope this helps.
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
 Wayne Dyer

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
Capt. Jack Sparrow

Choose not to be harmed and you wonít feel harmed. Donít feel harmed and you havenít been. -Marcus Aurelius