Why they are the way they are

• 3 Replies

Hazy111

Why they are the way they are
« on: August 26, 2017, 11:48:36 AM »
Found this great video on the causes of narcissism.  Well explained.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeVj_0r0swg

Seven

• The only winning move is...not to play.
Re: Why they are the way they are
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 08:04:38 PM »
I need to watch this.  Just cant do it around DH.

Awaken

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 08:31:22 AM »
Very interesting video. Thank you for sharing.
It is very sad when you think about how narcissists became who they are. Lack of love, acceptance, connection, diffecult circumstances...  I wish I could give my Fathers inner child a big hug and tell him that he is loved and that he matters. I wish I had in me what it takes to heal his wounds.
It is very hard to accept that once someone is so broken that they become narcissists, there is little we can do to heal them.
At some point I gotta walk away and let his Lord deal with him. Because maybe it is too late to save him, but I still have a chance to save myself.

Anonymous123987

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 03:13:16 PM »
I will admit that I have narcissistic tendencies. I have been lucky enough to always be surrounded by emotional people allowing myself to remain, to some degree, empathetic. My tendencies come from my grandiose sense of self, manipulation of others, false expressions of emotion (I use logic as opposed to emotion), and constant need to discuss myself and my doings. I do this because as a child I was outcasted for being me and therefore put a shield up protecting what little ego I had left. I am actually rather insecure with myself despite appearing arrogant. I have now attached to what made me, me in the first place; logic, music, rationalization, invention, and theory. When those are threatened I react poorly. It is hard not to feel a grandiose sense of self when me is all I can relate to. I have a 160 IQ SD15, I am an INTP-T, and nobody cared to find this out so I took the time to do it myself upon entering my 20's. I am almost 23 and I am slowly but surely repairing myself through self-discovery. I have always helped others and genuinely cared to do so, but I have never been able to stay invested in people. I have been pushed away and ridiculed by our opinionated and superficial society for much too long (diagnosis is a label of unique processes, which appears to be ever increasing). I could be doing much more with my life at this point but I’m stuck “rebooting” myself because nobody ever cared for or enjoyed the real me, so I built a false sense of self to survive middle school and high school, and have worked hard to regain my real sense of self again. Before labeling a narcissist as a threat to others, try to understand how they came to develop their personality disorder in the first place. When you have always had a deep fascination for the unknown, philosophy, astrophysics, psychology, music, and everyone has ridiculed you for it your entire life including your own parents (not biological, those “wastes of society” actually supported me) you begin to naturally close yourself off and find ways to take revenge on those whom wrong you. I have been shown by others that I should be ashamed to be me, and they very well have created the person I am today. I blame others all the time because many are clueless. Many people have no idea what they’re doing, or how they’re impacting others with the ignorant things they choose to do. I can’t blame them because they don’t even realize what they’re doing, as they have not developed their minds enough to do so, so I’m stuck trying to find a way to fit my puzzle peace into a puzzle it's not the right shape for. The more I try without success, the more I want to give up trying.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 03:19:56 PM by Anonymous123987 »