Christian Online Content on Toxic People

• 1 Replies

PinkDress

Christian Online Content on Toxic People
« on: August 28, 2017, 04:40:45 PM »
Hello all!

Quickly wanted to share another person I've been able to glean a lot of wisdom from on YouTube.

Her name is Roberta Morrison, and she recently started a sermon series on toxic people, toxic faith, and things all pertaining to truly toxic people. It has been soooo wonderful for me and I watch a lot of her other messages as well. She talks about the spiritual aspect of narcissism and it's so freeing!

Just last night I watched her message "Dealing with our Attachment Disorders" and she discussed how people who end up passive aggressive, manipulative, who throw fits and act out to subtly punish you, never emotionally grew up because of their own wounds in life. It just helped me to understand my unMIL a little bitter, and so much of what Roberta said is what my MIL does to a T. So I'm left realizing she wasn't properly loved, so seeks to control situations and when people don't do what she wants, she acts out like a rejected teenager. She also discusses how these types may also be yielding to deceptive spirits, telling them no one loves them (which causes them to think things that aren't true, and act out more when there isn't a problem or a much smaller problem than they think, etc.) I don't know for sure, but I think this is definitely a part of dealing with my nMIL. It seems like she has a Jeckle/Hyde thing going on, nice then vindictive at times. It's creepy and I keep hearing the verse that says "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" Eph. 6:12. So to me that felt like confirmation that there's something spiritual going on here. I've felt so confused about why nMIL acts out at almost every special event I have, and I'm wondering now if perhaps the enemy has had a huge hand in everything.

Also read in the toolbox how histrionic personality disorder is sometimes the female manifestation of narcissism. I kept seeing many HPD traits that fit MIL so that makes a lot of sense to me! Like at DDs bday party she had to rush over and start trying to give DD gifts (who does that at someone else's party?) and saying repeatedly "This one is special for you from ME" 5-6 times in a row. I just had a dark feeling that she was trying to provoke me, which in the HPD section I read is called "provocative sabotage" - any action designed to hurt or damage someone for the purpose of provoking a reaction from them." And histrionic sabotage is the same thing but in order to draw attention to oneself which is what she seemed to be trying to do too, make it about HER. I just always have an initiutive feeling that MIL is up to no good when she does this stuff, but it's low key so deniable. To others she probably just appears to be super weird/over the top. I just feel something more though. And I wrote about before how soon after this gift thing, she came right over and took my baby from my arms abruptly, she always gets more in my face when she has acted out. It's like she wants to show me "I'm in control! Did you see that? Now I'm just going to get more bold and insert myself more." It may seem small but again, it's just the feeling I have around her. Always dark, creepy feelings.

Thankful for all of these videos and informative entries here. I'm growing so much! And I hope this helps someone else. 😌
"In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit." Anne Frank

"God sees people as His own treasures, so be careful how you treat them."

"No one warns you about the amount of mourning in growth."

biggerfish

Re: Christian Online Content on Toxic People
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 09:46:52 AM »
I just looked up Roberta Morrison. Wow, this is awesome, and it's just what I needed. Right now I'm listening to "Healing Our Attachment Disorders." And she has so many more. And I'm thinking that these videos mainly interest me in shedding my own fleas.

:yeahthat:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:49:38 AM by biggerfish »