I'm making a commitment.

• 3 Replies

akeinator

I'm making a commitment.
« on: September 03, 2017, 10:42:28 PM »
Hello OOTF, I have just registered for this website because I have finally reached the point where my pw/BPD is a stbxw/BPD. It's been a very hard road but I'm realizing I need to do it to stay healthy and live a happy life. I'm coming here to get support and reassurance, because half my brain is telling me i'm doing the wrong thing and that I'm being a monstrous, awful person for doing it. I have a hard time sharing too many details voluntarily but if i'm asked a question I'm bound to open up a lot.

My relationship is going on 3 and a half years now. It's a long-distance relationship in which she just got home from a 3-month visit. It's a very hard situation right now because we are both recent university graduates looking for work, and we have been navigating immigration issues (we live in different countries) on top of looking for work and dealing with BPD and co-dependency!  I'll probably be making  some posts asking for advice about my unique situation because it's like I'm about to topple over a very carefully structured house of cards.

It's nice to be here. I hope that me doing this helps give me the strength I need to finally do this.

kazzak

Re: I'm making a commitment.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 04:35:46 PM »
Hi akeinator, welcome to the forum! Feel free to jump in as much as you'd like and start new threads. It does provide strength to have support from people who understand. The difficult part about that is we have to open up and talk to others about it. I've found the more that I participate, the easier it gets AND the more I get out of it. That's really key, there are no wrongs here. But by talking about our experiences we learn from each other and provide support. Don't be shy, I promise that no one will bite - and if they do, just let us know.

Sad mother

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 06:44:54 PM »
Hi, I am brand new to the site. I am not sure how to open a conversation. Can u advise where to start. T
hanks.

kazzak

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 07:12:11 PM »
Hi Sad mother, welcome. (1) Go to the forum homepage here: http://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php (2) Look through the forum categories and select the one most appropriate for your conversation. Don't worry if you don't get it exactly right, the moderators can make any moves as appropriate. (3) Click on "New Topic" and you will be provided a form to enter a Title and post for your new thread. Take some time and allow people visiting to see it and respond.

Feel free to keep asking questions if you need further help, we are always around to help with the board.