Family

• 5 Replies

hypercat

Family
« on: September 12, 2017, 01:18:13 PM »
Hi I am female and in my 60's.  I had a narcissistic mother and have 2 very difficult sisters.  One of them suffers from anxiety and agoraphobia and the other one only sees the negative in any situation and has a very relaxed conscience.  She is also a thief and a liar.  I think she has some sort of personality disorder but has never been for any treatment.  She has never considered she has a problem,  but those who have to deal with her know she has.   

I am still suffering the effects of my childhood and there are a few very deep seated issues I still can't deal with.   I guess I have accepted that I never will be able to now but it does affect me and I am a lifelong depression sufferer.

I also have copd (chronic obstructive pulmunory disease (mild) caused by smoking. 

Well that's me.  Nice to meet you all.  x

notrightinthehead

• Host Member
Re: Family
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 01:31:16 PM »
Welcome! We are all struggeling and limping along and this is a wonderfully supportive community. Check out the PERSONALITY DISORDERS tab for more information if you want to. See you around at the boards.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

coyote

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 04:25:13 PM »
hypercat,
Welcome to OOTF. You have come to a community that gets where you are coming from and understands how difficult it is to deal with PD family members. I would really suggest looking through the Toolbox. It is a great place for tips and tools for dealing with PD family and others. You will find a lot of support and info on the boards. In fact there is a board for Dealing with Parents and Family. But check any of the boards out and post where you think best. Once again welcome. I'm sorry you need us but glad you found us.
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
 Wayne Dyer

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?
Capt. Jack Sparrow

Choose not to be harmed and you wonít feel harmed. Donít feel harmed and you havenít been. -Marcus Aurelius

Menopause Barbie

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 04:29:26 PM »
You say you have some deeper issues that you can't deal with, and yet, here you are, dealing with things! Good for you!   :applause: We don't have to identify our issues, come up with solutions, and implement our path to healing all in one day. It has taken me years and I am still a mess some days! The first step is to just see that the issues are there, and that is often the hardest step. It sounds like you have come from a difficult place. But there is no reason to assume that you will "never" heal from your past. Healing is a process. It sometimes must move slowly, not to torment us, but to help us; to keep us from being overwhelmed with the memories and the pain.  Just posting here was a healing moment. Don't assume that, because you don't feel all better, that you are not engaged in the slow process of healing. Think of a cut on your skin, or a broken bone. The steps to healing may be undetectable, but the healing is taking place as long as we acknowledge the injury and allow it the tender loving care it needs to rebuild. Allow yourself that tender loving care. You are worth it!  :kisscheek:

hypercat

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 09:43:05 PM »
Thank you for your replies everyone and sorry I haven't been in sooner to read them.  I take on board what you have all said and look forward to getting to know everyone better.   :)  x

biggerfish

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 11:11:40 PM »
Welcome hypercat. I'm so glad you found us. I have felt more love here than i ever experienced from my foo. The folks here are so giving of their time and experience. OOTF is a big warm hug. So stick around. You deserve it!