If I delete my account will all my past posts disappear?

• 6 Replies

No.

If I delete my account will all my past posts disappear?
« on: October 04, 2017, 06:24:38 PM »
Does anyone know the answer to this for sure?
I don't really want to go, but my NC is at a stage where I am being stalked. Or probably already have been.

I get concerned that I could be found here. And I'm especially concerned since the addition of the parent thread. I know anyone can fake an account, but I'm not comfortable with that.

moglow

• Administrator
  • >^..^<
Re: If I delete my account will all my past posts disappear?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 10:49:24 PM »
Don't do it, at least not yet!   :upsidedown:

Short Answer:  No, your posts wouldn't disappear.  Deleting your account would remove the quickest easiest way to search your posts, as it would no longer be linked to a profile [the profile would cease to exist].  They couldn't search them all out, but then neither could you [if there were particular posts/threads you wanted to refer back to].

Please contact the admin staff so we may discuss further and help you find a solution.
"Expectations are disappointments under construction.  ~ Cap'n Spanky

Stop Stinkin' Thinkin'!

No.

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 11:18:44 AM »
That's strange that you're not able to delete your own stuff.

xredshoesx

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 02:03:21 PM »
Once posted, messages can't be removed by the poster.  This helps to ensure the continuity of threads. 

moglow

• Administrator
  • >^..^<
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 10:54:34 AM »

We don't recommend or allow extensive removal or editing after posting. In your case (a senior member with over 500 posts) a great many threads would be affected. Were that allowed any number of discussions would then make no sense at all, with responses from other members following up -and often quoting- your previous posts.

We hadn't heard further from you, but i do have a few suggestions if you feel you may be compromised by some of your posts/threads:

1.  We do allow limited administrative editing. If you feel a few posts/threads you may have provided specific identifying information to family members we may be able to edit or remove all or part. Contact an admin or use the "report to moderator" function so we know which are concerning for you.

2. Abandon the No. account altogether, and create a new one. That way even if they tracked you here, it would appear you are no longer posting.

3. Throw in odd identifying tidbits to throw off snoopy Susie - extra siblings or relatives that don't exist, change genders, add or subtract a spouse, etc. Details that don't change *your* story or need for support, in other words.

Please advise how we can best help!
"Expectations are disappointments under construction.  ~ Cap'n Spanky

Stop Stinkin' Thinkin'!

No.

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 04:24:52 PM »
Thank you, MoGlo!

I understand. Since so many N's say and do the same things, it makes it a little easier..lol. I'm sure there has been identifying bits to the story.

I'll think about it. Might start a new account in the near future. For now I'll just wait. My cousin told me my nM said she had been stalking me, so I don't know in what sense, so I assume "all."  :upsidedown:

kazzak

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 04:30:09 PM »
More than one account by a member isn't allowed, so that may throw up some flags on the admin end if you do that.

3. Throw in odd identifying tidbits to throw off snoopy Susie - extra siblings or relatives that don't exist, change genders, add or subtract a spouse, etc. Details that don't change *your* story or need for support, in other words.

:yeahthat: