Work Problems

• 22 Replies

NoVoice357

Re: Work Problems
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 04:06:11 PM »
Hi Wish Camp,

Congratulations!! You stood up to your PD boss. You have to be proud of yourself.  :yahoo: :cheer: Thank you for letting us know how it went.
NPDs act calm and collected to show they are in control of their emotions. What they actually feel inside when they know they cannot abuse us anymore is a different thing.

Quote from: Wish Camp
I handed her my resignation letter and said it was not a good fit for me. She agreed and said she had plans to train me to do backup work for a coworker but saw that I just didn't have what it takes.
All lies. She did it deliberately to hurt you and to provoke a reaction. She knows you have seen through her, you are not taking her abuse anymore and this makes her very angry. You got your power back. This was her way of punishing you. It is not true what she said about her "plans" or that you do not have "what it takes". She told you those lies to hurt you. I always wonder how their partners can put up with such spiteful women everyday.

Quote from: Wish Camp
The poor training set me up for absolute failure.
Yes, it did. NPDs have done this to me in the past. It took me more than a decade to learn that they had set me up to fail. I think you were able to see her game very soon!

You do have a reason to feel you cannot trust anybody. It is not paranoia. There is another term for it but I cannot remember. I read it in a book called Bully Insight years ago. 

The people at work have already heard lies coming from your boss about you. In case you still have to see your boss again for some reason, please keep in mind that she will try to make you react in front of others so that you will be seen as the mental unstable, crazy one.  Remain calm and ignore her provocations. You win.  :)

Good to know that you have a FOC who are on your side and you can trust, Wish Camp!

Hazy111

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 09:04:29 PM »
Hi Wish Camp,

Im late to this, but well done you. Good you recognised it early and didnt blame yourself.

Unfortunately, this is all to common and its invariably the bully PD who stays and the bullied has to leave for the sake of their own health and sanity.

Well done again.

Wish Camp

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2017, 10:26:08 PM »
Thanks again NoVoice and thanks also Hazy. What I realize now is that maybe I am naive at times in my viewpoint. I try to see the good in everyone and then become a tick more cynical with each time one of these PDs take advantage of me.

And, NoVoice, you are so right about her digs about her plan and how I just didn't have what it takes. She had to twist the knife to have what little power she had left. The day I got written up, I gave her the opportunity to speak her mind and she would not do it. It was cowardly. So, now, when I'm done, she chooses to say it. Why couldn't she have had a performance meeting with me at some point? Because the truth is she hates what I represent.