Can't believe i did this!! (just for giggles)

• 7 Replies

all4peace

• Global Moderator
Can't believe i did this!! (just for giggles)
« on: November 01, 2017, 08:53:48 PM »
I had a therapy appt, I was talking to my T about dad's request for a talk and how I responded to him, and rather than paraphrase I pulled out my phone to read the text out loud. I read my T the text, and then I started to joke with him that I'd considered asking dad to hurry up and respond so I could go over it with my therapist.

And then I looked down and saw I had just sent a voice text...to my DAD!!

My face was:  :aaauuugh:
T's face was:  :o

And I had my phone up to my hear, trying to hear what had been recorded.

I don't understand the next part, but when I went to listen to it again later, like 30 min later, it didn't show up as being sent at all, although it sure looked like it had been sent. So I don't understand that part, but wow.

When T asked how I was doing with that, I started laughing and he reassured me that this was really good progress. What a hilarious, ridiculous, slightly insane moment in therapy today :D

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
  • You can be free and heal ❤️‍🩹
    • One Key to Better Boundaries
Re: Can't believe i did this!! (just for giggles)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 10:31:23 AM »
Gack!  :uuuuhhh:  That's too funny!
· Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage-plan accordingly, make time to heal
· Individuation is one key to emotional freedom
· It's foolish to expect of others what they have no capacity to give
my Empowered Growth blog

practical

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 12:57:25 PM »
Almost Freudian slip  :bigwink:
“If I’m not towards myself, who is towards myself? And when I’m only towards myself, what am I? And if not now, when?” (Rabbi Hillel)

"I can forgive, but I cannot afford to forget." (Moglow)

Fightsong

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 01:04:36 PM »
Oh my Goodness!!! That's.... I don't know, hilarious  and releasing and brilliant... I'm glad you could laugh!

all4peace

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 01:14:51 PM »
It also cracked me up because my T was all therapeutic about it:
"So, how are you doing with this?" (after I got over the shock and was ready to get back into our discussion)
"You've really made progress!" (when I just laughed and said it would be fine, since thankfully the whole comment wasn't recorded)

Therapy is a really interesting dynamic. You pay a total stranger to reveal your deepest fears, concerns, secrets, and trust them more than you would trust many people in your actual life. And then something hilarious and horrifying happens. If I were with my friends we'd take a few moments to totally freak out and laugh together, but in therapy you just get right back to business :)

And then there's the whole sense of secrecy about the people you're in therapy to cope with finding out that you're in therapy to cope with them. It's just all a little interesting.

Practical, no kidding, hey? There are definite downsides to technology. DH was showing me a recent text from his uNBPDm and I accidentally touched a "suggested word" on his screen, but was able to delete it without accidentally sending it. Too-little screens, too-big fingers.

Terichan

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 01:26:01 PM »
Oops. woopy daisy! This tech stuff can definitely have its downsides sometimes!

Also I think with voice texts, they "expire" and self-delete really quickly (like in 2 minutes) unless the sender and/or recipient purposefully keeps them. So it's likely gone into the ether, never to be heard again.

I'm glad you were both in therapy when it happened and able to laugh about it too!
“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”
― Thich Nhat Hanh

all4peace

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 01:32:39 PM »
Oops. woopy daisy! This tech stuff can definitely have its downsides sometimes!

Also I think with voice texts, they "expire" and self-delete really quickly (like in 2 minutes) unless the sender and/or recipient purposefully keeps them. So it's likely gone into the ether, never to be heard again.

I'm glad you were both in therapy when it happened and able to laugh about it too!
Thank you for explaining that! With everything going on, I was starting to feel like I was "losing it" when I couldn't find it the next time I checked. I had literally shown the screen to my T and listened to it in T, but it was a little disturbing to not see it again later.

Yeah, technology. My Shark SIL once sent me a screen shot of an unwelcome (to me) conversation while we were having it. When I told her I didn't know who she had intended to send it to, but that it had come to me, she told me she meant to send it to me since our conversation was "so funny" and she wanted me to see it.  :stars:

daughterofbpd

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 08:20:04 PM »
A couple weekends ago, I visited my parents because we have this every other weekend thing going on and I guess I felt obligated. I just wasn't feeling up to it emotionally but I told myself I'd just stop by for a short visit. I should have listened to myself because when I don't, it backfires every dang time. So I get there and my parents have made these preparations for us to stay all day (special grocery trip, etc.). I picked up my phone to complain to my DH and my dad walked in the room so I sent my text real quick...only, I sent the text to my dad instead!  :doh: For a second, I thought I could find his phone, guess his password and erase the text but he had already showed it to my M.  :bawl: I felt shear panic for a couple minutes and then I thought, well, all I can do is apologize.

I also did the voice thing one time by accident when my DH and I were talking about my M. It's easy to do! Luckily, you couldn't really hear much and there was no context so it wasn't a big deal. I think mine disappeared, which stumped me as well.
“How starved you must have been that my heart became a meal for your ego”
~ Amanda Torroni