Judge understood parental alienation

• 2 Replies

turtlemama

Judge understood parental alienation
« on: November 04, 2017, 07:53:15 AM »
After 2 years I finally had my divorce trial.  No decisions have been made yet but I petitioned for sole custody.  In my favor was that he didn’t consistently pay child support and claims no income, I have a full PO against him with criminal charges pending, the GAL recommended shared parenting with me have final decision making, before we were separated he had very little role in our child’s life, he harassed me and cursed and screamed at me at exchanges in front of our child (recordings), his new girlfriend harassed me, and he is known to the court to be a pathological liar.  In my state another of the best interest categories was fostering love between the other parent and child. I was worried about proving this because it was all heresay, but my stbx’s lawyer on cross let me talk, he even said, yes let’s hear this.  So I was able to say all the awful things that our child comes back to me with and how this affects him- tantrums, anger, etc.  Then my stbx gets on the stand, doesn’t deny any of this and says how our child does not have these problems at his house.

Later the Judge alludes to parental alienation without using the words. I was shocked, in a good way.  He really seemed to understand. He understood abuse, financial abuse, and I felt really validated. He gave a long heartfelt speech at the end. 

Of course, who knows how he may rule, but I am confident I will at least get final decision making because stbx’s lawyer told me they would be fine with me having say over medical and school, and I could move anywhere in the state.

Whiteheron

Re: Judge understood parental alienation
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 06:04:06 PM »
Good luck to you, tuttlemama!
You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.

Latchkey

• Administrator
Re: Judge understood parental alienation
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 05:11:48 PM »
Excellent news and keep us posted. It sounds like you have a sympathetic judge!
Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living.
-Mother Jones
-
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
-Maya Angelou
-
When we have the courage to do what we need to do, we unleash mighty forces that come to our aid.