Responding To Old Threads?

• 2 Replies

Orthocone

Responding To Old Threads?
« on: December 25, 2017, 08:58:27 PM »
Is this advisable to starting new threads on the same subject, or is it advisable to start a new one or does it matter? 

xredshoesx

• Administrator
Re: Responding To Old Threads?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 11:36:16 AM »
if i'm updating my own thread i'll reawaken an old one, if it's someone else's thread that makes me think or make a connection, i'll start a new one.  no hard and fast rules but a message will pop up that you are posting in a thread more than 90 days old- you can still submit it without worry.

hope this helps!

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
  • You can be free and heal ❤️‍🩹
    • One Key to Better Boundaries
Re: Responding To Old Threads?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 08:03:30 PM »
Sometimes if an old post is revived I start reading with the opening poster in mind only to realize later down the thread the post is old and the opening poster is possibly no longer active.

Another thought is if I revive an old thread but end with a question or need support for my own issue it's essentially a hijack of the original post since it's the opening poster who should remain the focus of the support in that thread. So in that case I start a new post and might refer to some thoughts I read if it's relevant.

Like redshoes said, no hard rules but that's my thought process in deciding.
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage-plan accordingly, make time to heal
Individuation is one key to emotional freedom
It's foolish to expect of others what they have no capacity to give
my Empowered Growth blog