Roll of the dice not in my favour today

• 7 Replies

2nice

Roll of the dice not in my favour today
« on: December 14, 2017, 07:32:18 AM »
So I look after kids every day of week. He does 2/3 hour visits three times a week

Guess what time slot the kinder Xmas concert falls into. Aaargh

I missed seeing my 4 year old dancing and singing in class :(

We have been apart almost three weeks.

For me to change up the routine would be more harm then good. I had to cop it on the chin

Did some Xmas shopping and brought home a star for my boy to put on tree as he had been asking for one. Best I could do

Sad for me. Don't think he would care too much if reversed

Theme the breaks people

redfish

• straight outta Oz
Re: Roll of the dice not in my favour today
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 08:15:03 AM »
Does anyone film the Christmas concerts? Or other school Specials? Can you contact any of the parents and see if they took pics or video that have your little one in it? They may be willing to send you a copy! It's worth looking into :-)
If Cinderella went back to pick up her shoe she never would've become a princess

Associate of Daniel

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 10:02:03 AM »
As Redfish wrote.

But also wondering why you can't attend these events anyway, regardless of them falling on ex's time.

In my case (5 years since u/npd exH left and we have a ds11), I attend all school concerts etc whether they're on my time or not. But I don't attend the weekly sports game or training every week.

I don't like to intrude too much on ds's time with his Dad but there are some less frequent events that I will attend because a) Ds wants me there and b) I want to be there.

Just food for thought as you sort all this stuff out.

AOD

redfish

• straight outta Oz
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 11:34:00 AM »
Yes! What AOD wrote! Also, you could sit far away from your Ex, and you could have a friend with you,can support person, if you don't want to venture alone.
If Cinderella went back to pick up her shoe she never would've become a princess

bopper

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 12:45:09 PM »
I would think that it is parenting time so he doesn't have to take the child to the concert.
But if the child is attending, you can watch the concert. He would just be in charge of dropping off/picking up etc.

I would also think that unless there is a restraining order or something specified in a court order, then showing interest in your child without interfering is a good thing.
Just because they are incapable of loving you, doesn't mean that you are unlovable.
Anything makes the false self appear real is supply.

mamato3

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 01:32:28 PM »
So I look after kids every day of week. He does 2/3 hour visits three times a week

Guess what time slot the kinder Xmas concert falls into. Aaargh

I missed seeing my 4 year old dancing and singing in class :(

We have been apart almost three weeks.

For me to change up the routine would be more harm then good. I had to cop it on the chin

Did some Xmas shopping and brought home a star for my boy to put on tree as he had been asking for one. Best I could do

Sad for me. Don't think he would care too much if reversed

Theme the breaks people

You should always be able to go to your child's events. Unless there is a restraining order against him, in which case you would be allowed to go and he could not if you wished to attend.

Latchkey

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 08:44:36 PM »
Agree with others that both parents should be allowed to attend unless there is RO. Sorry you missed this and hope by Springtime you will have a better handle on this co/ parallel parenting stuff. It can take some time to figure out what will work in each situation.
Have you worked out your Christmas Eve/Christmas and New years schedules yet?
Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living.
-Mother Jones
-
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
-Maya Angelou
-
When we have the courage to do what we need to do, we unleash mighty forces that come to our aid.

2nice

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 03:38:23 AM »
Yep restraining order on him. For me to muck around the roster at moment would bring more hell than it's worth